Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Sayings and Adages (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-sayings-adages-t31056.html)

Mousie 12-10-2009 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

When your heart needs patched
And just in time,
I won't give you one...
I'll give you nine! :D
written by your quiltncrazy/mousie :wink:

Francey pants, since you inspired it, that's for you! :XD:

Why is there no blowing a kiss smiley?
:-D :thumbup:

YW!:XD: :arrow: :arrow: KISS :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Mousie 12-10-2009 02:33 PM

aww, well it's not a blowing a kiss smiley, lol...but I tried.
caught yours, and it landed right on my sweet little mousie cheek...aw, your too sweet, K :oops:

k3n 12-11-2009 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
aww, well it's not a blowing a kiss smiley, lol...but I tried.
caught yours, and it landed right on my sweet little mousie cheek...aw, your too sweet, K :oops:

Back atcha!

:XD: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen: :D

Mousie 12-11-2009 06:02 AM

A family that stitches together,
Shall never unravel.

Or something like that, lol! :mrgreen:

ByThePiece 12-11-2009 10:30 AM

I love all your poems and quotes. I would like to see the one about the angel and the tattered quilt. A long time ago I saw a framed poem about Grndma's quilt but could not afford it. A quote that applied to my life was "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt." Thank you, Gabrielle (angel)

Tiffany 12-11-2009 11:09 AM

My favorite - There is NO SUCH THING as too much fabric!

I heartily agree and will gladly help anyone who has a problem with too much fabric. Just send it on over and I promise to take good care of it. :lol:

Tiffany 12-11-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I make a sign that says" I can have all the fabric I can hide."

My girlfriend has that sign in her quilt room. Makes me laugh every time I see it! :D

Lostn51 12-12-2009 07:47 AM

For the longest time when I first got into restoring vintage and antique sewing machines and then I started quilting my most popular saying to all of my friends and family was...."Yes I quilt and no I am not gay!!"

And one of our friends that is gay keeps telling me that I am finally coming around. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Tiffany 12-12-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
For the longest time when I first got into restoring vintage and antique sewing machines and then I started quilting my most popular saying to all of my friends and family was...."Yes I quilt and no I am not gay!!"

And one of our friends that is gay keeps telling me that I am finally coming around. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Billy

If you look throughout history, most tailors and those sewing have been men. Heck, most of the men I know who quilt are amazing. Their minds work differently (no, not trying to be funny here) and they tend to be able to do new techniques and patterns that we gals never would have thought of. I sure wish my hubby wanted to quilt, not because I want to share my stash or anything but because I know he could come up with some amazing patterns for me. And most male quilters I know are married - to women. :wink:

amma 12-12-2009 10:50 AM

I wonder if the stigmatisms on men who sew and do other handwork, were started by jealous women??? :D:D:D