Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting suggestions for two tops! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-suggestions-two-tops-t214940.html)

Lara122 02-26-2013 12:40 PM

Quilting suggestions for two tops!

3 Attachment(s)
I have a crazy nine patch finished and basted, and a children's delight on point ready to be sandwiched! Suggestions on how in the world to quilt these? Thought I might try to draw beach scenes in the blank space and try something new. That quilt is for ME!! 'beach crazy'.

The orange one is for a very tall friend! It is only those three blocks across - but 82" long! I'll have to take a picture of the pieced back too!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398206[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]398208[/ATTACH]

Lara122 02-26-2013 05:00 PM

oh, these pictures are terrible. I had the computer on a broadband connection and could only use what was actually ON it! I have borders on both quilts, beach crazy is even pinned!!

sorry!!

I have a rail fence top done too, ready to sandwich. I am clueless about what to put on them . . . I guess I'll sitd on the rail fence . . . yuk!

DogHouseMom 02-26-2013 06:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The crazy 9 patch I've done twice. The first one I mimicked the lines in the crazy 9 patch (or wonky tic-tac-toe) in the solid blocks and did all-over loop-de-loops in the 9 patch blocks (pictured is the back of the quilt so you can see the quilting easier). The other one I did giant interlocking circles over the whole quilt ... I used three different size circles (the largest being a large dinner plate, the smallest a saucer).

Pic's of the quilting for both of them below.

Lara122 02-27-2013 04:55 AM

Sue, those are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing them with me. Is the second picture similar to 'orange peel'? I have done that once and it went really well for me. I have stitched in the ditch on SIX lap quilts, ugh. I don't know why I would like to avoid that, but I would!! =)

Your colors are lovely in your crazy 9. I wish mine were better. I picked FQs at the beach Walmart - no quilt store close by -- and my selection was limited. I was going for beach colors, surf and sand. Had no idea of a pattern, and didn't think to get more than one of each print, or even any 'almost' extras.

Unfortunately, I did the same thing a second time -- I have a bunch of FQs that are 'beach sunset': red, orange, yellow. NO idea how to put them together! Well, that's not true -- I have thought about using different sized strips to suggest a 'sun' . . but I think that is probably beyond my design capability

=)

I'll try to get a better picture of the orange one . .

thanks SO much!!

Tartan 02-27-2013 07:19 AM

Is the orange one for a male or female friend? I would pick a gender appropriate design for that one. Maybe large daisy flowers in the squares or circles. Fr the beach one a nice beach umbrella in the sand blocks and different fish in the blue sea blocks?

Lara122 02-27-2013 09:48 AM

the orange one is for a male friend. actually my best friend's husband! =))

Different kinds of fish is a neat idea!! Thank you! I can try new stuff on it, it will stay with me! No pressure, lol!!