Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting withdrawal's....am I am the only one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-withdrawals-am-i-am-only-one-t112830.html)

pamkasperi 04-02-2011 05:11 AM

Yesterday I had a garage sale - I'll post more later....had to drive out of town for my daughters high school soccer play off game - that took care of the hours from 6 a.m. till 11:30 p.m. Now I am procrastinating my field duty at the soccer field - I have 7 minutes to get dressed and get there - good think I live 3 blocks from the soccer field and then my son just called from college to say he and 4 of his friends will be in town tonight and can they stay the night AND can I make lasagna (and no my house isn't clean and I have nothing in the has to make lasagna with). If I make it back to these boards or to my sewing machine and cutting table before tomorrow I'll be lucky...thing is I'm sad just thinking about it and ready to ditch everything I'm supposed to do and call in sick so I can stay here and at my machine!

I know I cna't be the only one.....

katier825 04-02-2011 05:13 AM

Many a day I've thought of calling in sick (mental health day) to work on my quilts. I hardly ever do though. I don't get nearly enough time to do my thing. Hopefully this weekend I'll get more done than just thinking and planning!

frauhahn 04-02-2011 05:14 AM

Yeah-I find it so annoying anymore if I have to leave the house during the day and can't work on my projects!

PABerard 04-02-2011 05:14 AM

WAIT... we can call in sick???

katsewnsew 04-02-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by PABerard

Yes, and tell them it's "catchy"

katsewnsew 04-02-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by PABerard

Yes, and tell them it's "catchy"

Quilter7x 04-02-2011 05:22 AM

Well, I see a lot of positives in your post. Yes you won't be able to be at the machine until today, however ...

You had a garage sale, which must have brought in some money - money is always good to have. :thumbup:

Your son chose your house rather than someone else's house to bring his friends to and he asked for YOUR lasagna, which must be very good or he wouldn't have asked for it. :thumbup:

You supported the kids by doing your field duty at the soccer field. :thumbup:

Well okay, so all this kept you from being at the sewing machine, but I consider you to be very lucky to have had so much positivity going on yesterday. And I bet you slept very well last night. :thumbup:

Now that the busy day is behind you - it's time to get to your sewing machine! :lol:

BizzyBee 04-02-2011 05:22 AM

I am dying to call in sick...wait...I AM MY OWN BOSS!!!!! I have so many big job with deadlines that I can't call into myself (so sad). I guess this board is my little "fix" until I can return to my sewing. Well...going to get some office work done now...YUCK! :thumbdown:

debbieumphress 04-02-2011 05:32 AM

I saw a joke once. Someone called in sick and was told they had used up all their sick days so in reponse she said " OK, then I'm calling in dead." hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa♥♥

hperttula123 04-02-2011 06:04 AM

You are not alone!!!! I get withdrawals too. I can only go so long with out sewing before I drop everything and just go do it.