Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Withdrawl (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-withdrawl-t29329.html)

kmohan 11-26-2009 01:35 AM

My DH and I recently bought a new house and we're moving tomorrow. My quilting stuff has been packed up for about 2 weeks at this point and I'm seriously going through withdrawal. It's driving me a little crazy.

I've seen all the wonderful things that have come through the board in the past few weeks (ie, tube quilting) and I want to try them, but I purposely put the rotary cutter at the bottom of a miscellaneous box of fabric so I would need to go looking for it (and thus unpack) once we were at the new house.

This sucks.

However, I have been doing some online fabric shopping. I figure if I dont have to move it, it's ok to buy it. So, everything being shipped to the new house.

Yes, I'm a stinker.

K.

patricej 11-26-2009 02:09 AM

sounds more like you're a genius to me. :wink:

Quilt Mom 11-26-2009 02:22 AM

I'll have to remember your incentive to unpack, if we move again!!

Of course, by then, the majority of what we move will be boxes of fabric :oops: :lol: :lol: (Too many years in one place!)

katier825 11-26-2009 06:02 AM

I totally understand how you feel...I will be in withdrawal myself by Saturday until December 7th. But I'm going on a cruise, so I guess I can't complain! LOL I will surely miss my projects though! Glad you could shop and send to your new place. It will be exciting when you get there and have fun packages to open!

renee765 11-26-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
I totally understand how you feel...I will be in withdrawal myself by Saturday until December 7th. But I'm going on a cruise, so I guess I can't complain! LOL I will surely miss my projects though! Glad you could shop and send to your new place. It will be exciting when you get there and have fun packages to open!

Have you thought about taking a couple squares to applique when you start getting those quilting pangs? I have been on several cruises, and sitting on the veranda (or deck) looking out to the deep blue Carribbean, and idly appliqueing is one form of heaven. Have a great time!

Renee

katier825 11-26-2009 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by renee765

Originally Posted by katier825

Have you thought about taking a couple squares to applique when you start getting those quilting pangs? I have been on several cruises, and sitting on the veranda (or deck) looking out to the deep blue Carribbean, and idly appliqueing is one form of heaven. Have a great time!

Renee

Yes, but I think my hubby would throw me overboard! LOL

Joan 11-26-2009 09:00 AM

We did move and I didn't hide my rotary cutter. :evil:

So, as a result, I have LOTS of boxes to unpack because I would rather quilt. :lol: it's been over a year since we've moved, too. :(

Yes, you had a good idea...... :D

LucyInTheSky 11-26-2009 12:12 PM

I completely understand! My house got listed for sale last weekend and my fabric closet (literally, floor to ceiling w/ fabric, whole closet), is in boxes :( :(. I kept a few small projects, but it's not the same. It takes 10 min to set up all my stuff, and 20 to put it away.

Hang in there! New house soon

kat112000 11-26-2009 12:37 PM

Genius!!

Hope you move into your new house soon!

I moved four years ago and I still have one spare room in the basement full of boxes that have never been unpacked!!! I should have my daughter hide my rotary cutter in there and maybe I would clean the place out to find it!! Then again I would probably just go and buy a new one, it would be easier!!!! LOL!!

amma 11-26-2009 01:04 PM

I hope you get moved in and unpacked quickly so that you can get back to your quilting :D :D :D