Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quiltmaker Magazine Nov-Dec 2014 issue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quiltmaker-magazine-nov-dec-2014-issue-t254555.html)

Quilty-Louise 09-30-2014 05:47 PM

Sue,

Yes I am a subscriber I got my issue yesterday (Monday 29th).
I don't know if it is part of the subscription or not but I also get
the digital versions and those are usually ready for download about
a week or so before the issues arrive in our mail.

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie (Post 6910547)
That is a cute pattern. I think it would be either a boy or girl in the colors they used. I really like the colors. I have be waiting for that issue to arrive--did you just get it? I have a subscription, and I thought subscribers get their issues first. Guess I was wrong on that one. lol
Sue

coopah 10-01-2014 04:01 AM

Darling quilt! Show us when you have the colors.:-)

grann of 6 10-01-2014 05:06 AM

I saw that quilt, and it is very cute. I am letting my subscription lapse, because I find very few of their articles or quilts interesting to me. To me it is not worth the subscription price if there is only one or possibly 2 things of interest to me. From now on I will look at it when it comes on the newsstand and see if it is worth buying. Magazines are just too expensive these days to subscribe to ones that don't cater to my interests. I can find plenty of free quilt patterns online that fit my needs and wants.

quiltinglady-1 10-01-2014 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 6910976)
I saw that quilt, and it is very cute. I am letting my subscription lapse, because I find very few of their articles or quilts interesting to me. To me it is not worth the subscription price if there is only one or possibly 2 things of interest to me. From now on I will look at it when it comes on the newsstand and see if it is worth buying. Magazines are just too expensive these days to subscribe to ones that don't cater to my interests. I can find plenty of free quilt patterns online that fit my needs and wants.

I agree, but I must of had a lapse in judgement because I subscribed to Fons & Porter magazine and received the first one yesterday along with the other "freebies" (a booklet on quilting guides and a CD with 2013 Easy Quilts on it). I didn't see not one thing in all of that package, so I packaged it back together and I'm going to give it away. I don't know what possessed me to sign up for another magazine when I have hundreds of patterns that will never get done!

crafty pat 10-01-2014 09:15 AM

That is such a cute quilt, but I have no one to make it for.

DonnaC 10-01-2014 09:42 AM

That is just darling!! :)

nygal 10-01-2014 10:16 AM

My oldest daughter who is 35 has two turtles. They are 19 and 20yrs. old! She got them as baby turtles from a local creek and they are happy living with her. Their names are Rusty and Ned.

MargeD 10-01-2014 11:08 AM

What a great pattern, so cute. I think that if you use greens and yellows on the borders, maybe gingham, it would be great for either a boy or girl. Congratulations on being a grandmother, there's nothing quite like it.

nstitches4u 10-01-2014 04:41 PM

Totally Turtles is adorable! I only have one baby to make quilts for and I already have 2 in progress. I may have to make a third! lol

bjdemir 10-01-2014 07:43 PM

So cute, I have put it on my bucket list. Have a few charity quilts to make for kids and think this would be perfect.