Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts, quilts, and more quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-quilts-more-quilts-t306675.html)

juliasb 09-02-2019 10:14 AM

Quilts, quilts, and more quilts!

I just spent 2 wonderful full days and nights with my kids and grandkids. I am still on cloud 9 since I don't get to see them very much.
One of the thing that tickles me to no end is to see so many of the quilts I have made for them over the years. Some of them I have forgotten that I even made until I saw them out. They are all very loved To see a quilt I made as a wedding present 19 years ago be used and well taken care of. My daughter say, "it get kind of chilly down here at night", so she stacked 5 quilts on the bed. Now I only slept under one of them. However, how often does a quilter get to sleep under her own quilts? All 5 of the grand kids have at least 2 quilts in their rooms on beds or toy chest. My daughter each have 2 on their beds and the guest room had 5. In addition there were quilts stacked in the laundry room storage. What a big tickle it was for me to see how much love these quilts are getting. It is time to make them more! Most interesting even the Cathedral Windows that is about 15 years old is in great shape!
These 2 days were the greatest. Grandchildren and quilts what more could I ask for!

sewingitalltogether 09-02-2019 10:57 AM

Wow, that's a lot of quilts. I know what you mean about the precious time with the kids and grandkids. Going to see some of mine today. But I think I need to make them all a few more quilts!!

osewme 09-02-2019 10:59 AM

What a wonderful, rewarding visit that must have been for you. I love seeing my quilts being used & if I can't see them, I love hearing that they are loved & used. This sounds like a great time you had & I bet many of those quilts brought back some great memories.

anonymous 09-02-2019 11:17 AM

Yep, it doesn't get much better than that! Happy you had such a great visit.

Sharonquilts 09-02-2019 11:30 AM

What a wondeful memory you will carry with you for a long, long time. I was a crocheter for a long time and made afghans for my family and recently one we all use when we are at the lake house. They like the soft, pliable throws like afghans ... hard to duplicate that in a quilt. Most of my quilts have been donation quilts so I miss out on actually "seeing" them being used ... but feel they are appreciated.

zozee 09-02-2019 11:45 AM

Wow, that was definitely a heartwarming pair of days . Grandkids and quilts you made being used and loved. My sister keeps the one I made the log cabin for her birthday prominently displayed and used in her log cabin home. I have slept under it when napping in the winter—such a cozy feeling.

NikkiLu 09-02-2019 01:49 PM

you are so lucky. I gave a very special quilt that I had made to a very special person and a year later I stayed with her in her big house (in another state) and she "decorated with quilts" and my quilt was nowhere to be seen. My daughter told me on the way home that she saw my quilt in the back of the boy's toy closet. A year later, she put pictures on Facebook of their new puppy wrapped in my quilt after his first bath.

klarina 09-02-2019 01:52 PM

Love in the form of quilts. Awesome.

toogie 09-02-2019 02:59 PM

It is nice to know when they use a quilt you've made ,take care of it. I recently received a thank you card from a QOV's daughter-in-law. She said 'Dad has slept under his quilt since the first night, he loves it!'

Jingle 09-02-2019 04:56 PM

Good that your quilts are used and appreciated.

I don't see a lot of my quilts. I donate most of them, some are put away and not used.