Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts Valor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-valor-t62706.html)

Lena1952 09-02-2010 09:42 AM

Many people have not heard of the Quilts of Valor Foundation, even though they have been making and distributing hand made quilts to service men and women since 1995. A non-profit group we have provided over 30,000 quilts to cover those touched by was. We cover any service member deployed to any war and conflict. Quilts of Valor is not about politics, it's about people. Please check out the QOVF.org website and consider donating a Quilt of Valor or see other ways of helping us cover all those touched by war. Thanks, Lena

ann clare 09-02-2010 09:46 AM

Thanks for sharing this. Was reading an earlier post and wondered.

sharon b 09-02-2010 11:10 AM

We have many members who participate in this wonderful program :lol:

np3 09-02-2010 11:12 AM

Thanks for sharing.

wesing 09-02-2010 05:30 PM

This is such a great cause. My wife and I have pieced tops that are in line to be quilted, but we're trying to get our 2009 Christmas and wedding gifts quilted first. I can't wait for the day that we can do more of them.

Darren

Jan in VA 09-03-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952
Many people have not heard of the Quilts of Valor Foundation, even though they have been making and distributing hand made quilts to service men and women since 1995. A non-profit group we have provided over 30,000 quilts to cover those touched by was. We cover any service member deployed to any war and conflict. Quilts of Valor is not about politics, it's about people. Please check out the QOVF.org website and consider donating a Quilt of Valor or see other ways of helping us cover all those touched by war. Thanks, Lena

There is also American Hero Quilts as a national group doing the same kind of work. And we have a local group in our part of Virginia who call themselves Patriot Quilters and have taken their own quilts to the VA hospital in Richmond. Such a worthy cause for which the need just does not seem to end.

Jan in VA

marilynquilt 03-26-2011 03:58 AM

Hi Jan, I just joined this message board and am glad there are members who contribute to the QOV project; My group, the Quilting Buddies have made 400+ quilts since Jan, 2005. Not only is it a wonderful cause, but getting together to chat, eat and sew is a great day! We hail from Conn. and RI

frauhahn 03-26-2011 04:12 AM

Just finished my first-along with the presentation case-a pillow case-which was so much fun to make!!! Just waiting to hear where it's going. It's a wonderful project to do-and they find you a volunteer longarmer, so it isn't so expensive, either. Mine did a wonderful job-stars and stripes all over my quilt-just love it! I'll post pictures later-camera battery is being recharged right now. I'm looking forward to doing another!