Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   raggedy heart quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/raggedy-heart-quilt-t22401.html)

vicki reno 07-05-2009 12:11 PM

Last year, I went to the quilt show in Hampton, VA and saw a raggedy heart quilt in blues and yellows. I didn't buy the pattern right away and when I went back to look for the vendor could not find her or the pattern. So last summer, I cut out zillions of hearts and started appliquing them to yellow and blue squares. Put it aside to get the house ready to sell and to move. Well, I had also bought a Flynn frame at the same quilt show. Its taken me this long to actually have something ready to quilt on it. The point I am making or my request is to have everyone cross your fingers and throw salt over your shoulder for good luck that this quilting goes well. I am procrastinating big time, b/c I am a little hesitant to take the next step and actually start the quilting! LOL
If I can do it and do it so that it looks nice, I will post a pic. Hope to get it done by next weekend. We will be getting 2 of the grandkids for a week and I know there will be no sewing then, unless its doll blankets for the GD! :lol:

beachlady 07-05-2009 12:48 PM

Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Lacelady 07-05-2009 01:55 PM

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you that it all goes well. Please do it quick and post pictures, as it's going to be hard walking around all week with my toes crossed!

amma 07-05-2009 02:02 PM

Go Vicki!!! I bet it turns out beautifully!!! :D :D :D Sending lots of postive quilting vibes your way as I need my fingers right now for the quilt I am working on!!! You can have the use of my crossed left toes as I do not need that foot for my machine pedal, ok??? 8) 8) 8) Can't wait for the pictures!!
have a wonderful time with the grands, I bet they enjoy being up in the Mtns with grama and grampa!!! Please post a picture if you make baby doll quilts with your granddaughter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vicki reno 07-05-2009 03:14 PM

I appreciate all the good vibes and crossed toes and fingers. I am nervous because its new and I guess I was this nervous when I did my first one on a big floor frame too. Its been too long ago to remember! :lol:

sharon b 07-05-2009 03:30 PM

Got everything crossed for you and sending the salt flying over the shoulder and transmitting good quilting vibes ! Can't wait to see how it comes out, and uh.. could you please hurry my toes are starting to cramp up ! LOL Keep us posted
Sharon

littlehud 07-05-2009 07:49 PM

Crossed fingers and toes for you. I can't wait to see it.

Feathers 07-09-2009 06:28 AM

You'll do fine. The anticipation is always scarier than the actual situation. I was once told I should ask myself "what is the worst thing that can happen?"

Quilt4u 07-09-2009 06:31 AM

Go on. Jump in the water is fine. Best of luck. Can't wait to see it.

billswife99 07-09-2009 08:58 AM

Vicki I am the queen of procrastination when it comes to trying something new. Sometimes I can put it off for weeks! But it always seems simple once I finally put the needle in the fabric, so just go for it. I am sure you are going to be great at it! Oh and 1 or 2 chocolate chips just as you start can work wonders! :wink: