Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Raise Your Hand If You ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/raise-your-hand-if-you-t216221.html)

Geri B 03-13-2013 07:49 AM

ONCE! I forgot to check and ran out of thread on one of the paths...took me two days of trying, screaming, stomping of feet, crying, threatening to throw it out of the window....finally disconnected it, went to shop....she threaded it in seconds.....I will NEVER let it run out of thread again...Wish I could get the new self threading one...but I don'T use one enough to justify the $$$$$$

Quiltngolfer 03-13-2013 08:04 AM

I love my serger! I have the Babylock Evolution and it is a breeze to thread. I use it ten times more than I did my old one that was hard to thread. They streamline all types of sewing, but I don't use it for quilting except to serge around the edge of the quilt before binding.

kuntryquilter 03-14-2013 02:41 AM

I have a Viking 936 serger, it is a work horse. I love it, hate to thread it. If I ever have the need to buy another one, I will buy one that is a self-threader.

janiesews 03-14-2013 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by heljoy50 (Post 5925090)
I have the Babylock Imagine and love it!

I love, love love my Babylock Imagine!!!

Amythyst02 03-14-2013 03:36 AM

I sold mine since all I was doing was quilts, don't miss it at all.

sewnsewer2 03-14-2013 04:30 AM

I have a Janome Juno 3434D and it's not too bad to thread :thumbup:

callen 03-14-2013 04:40 AM

I had Singer's top of the line serger (my 3rd serger) so I was an experienced "serger" & it was an absolute nightmare to thread. It was a 5 threader & the loopers were almost impossible to get to. I finally bit the bullet & traded it in on a Babylock with Jet Air auto threading & have never regretted my decision. Very pricey here in Canada but worth every nickel. Cannot imagine sewing without a serger.

QltrSue 03-14-2013 04:53 AM

I am getting reacquainted with my serger after several years of inactivity bec I want to sew doll clothes for DGD. I have a simple Elna 634 and it sews like a dream. Threading paths are color coded, so it's pretty easy. Took a refresher class at the place where I bought it, $20, and now I'm SERGING!!! LoL. Good luck with yours.

kwajgirl 03-14-2013 05:19 AM

It has been said but I'll reiterate - GET A BABYLOCK! The air feed system for threading the loopers makes it so easy to use. Don't need to worry about rethreading - you can thread in any sequence so if/when you run out of thread or it breaks you just rethread and you are ready to go.

I don't work for them, but could definitely sell their sergers,

Shirley in SC

redbreast 03-14-2013 05:27 AM

Had a serger--turned it in for a sewing machine. End of story. Actually I don't think i gave the serger a chance but by the time I got through threading it, I was completely out of mood for any type of quilting. Of course, that was a few years ago and I understand the threading procedure has improved since then. I still have to say I do not miss my serger. Betty in IL