Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   RE: questions for quilters on work I had done...I called her (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/re-questions-quilters-work-i-had-done-i-called-her-t60742.html)

Boxer mom 08-22-2010 07:15 AM

So I called the lady and very calmly explained how I was happy with the work on my MIL but felt as thought she did a rush job on mine (the leaves). I asked her if she would be willing do wither do it over or refund the money on this one. Also told her about the white thread and she stated "I must have ran out of thread". She is willing to do it over but said she was not sure if she had another leave pattern, I told her I was ok with the leave pattern if it was done right.
I would like to have leaves and am seroiusly thinking about just haveing her refund my money and have it done by a one of the ladies (Washington) here on the board who responed to my blog. It will take me some time to take out all the work though.

Thanks to all of you for all your feed back and giving me the courage to call her. She seemed ok and not mad at all, we will see when I meet her face to face.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-22-2010 07:17 AM

That's good to hear. I've always found the best way to confront someone is CALMLY. Makes a huge difference.
Keep us posted. They are beautiful quilts :)

amma 08-22-2010 07:18 AM

I am happy to hear that she is willing to either refund or re-quilt your quilt for you.
It is not very professional to switch threads like that, and not checking the whole quilt over before saying it is "done."
I would be very tempted to take it elsewhere, especially after she admitted she "must have run out of the other thread" :roll:

Shelley 08-22-2010 07:19 AM

Good for you!!! I'm impressed that you talked with her about what you wanted. I can't tell you how many quilts have been brought to me after someone else quilted them, and the owners just ripped out the quilting and never talked to the quilter about the problem. Your quilter won't learn to do a better job if she doesn't know it's a problem.

scrappycats 08-22-2010 07:21 AM

she said she must have run out of thread? doesn't she KNOW what happened? Isn't she the one who did it? Sounds fishy to me. But, then perhaps I am a bit suspicious by nature.

dkabasketlady 08-22-2010 07:25 AM

I'd definitely get a refund on both of them and take them to someone else. Glad that you did contact her, but if you're not happy then nobody's happy!!

amandasgramma 08-22-2010 07:54 AM

I did a search to find out what you were talking about. Those definately do NOT look like leaves!!! And don't fit the "pattern" of the quilt at all.

I've just started machine quilting....and I can tell you, that if the woman doesn't finish the quilting by burying her threads, doesn't KNOW when she's run out of thread, doesn't follow your instructions (color), then she wouldn't be doing another quilt for me!!! Get your money back and go somewhere else!!!!

craftybear 08-22-2010 09:59 AM

I would just get a refund, thanks for letting us know the updates

BellaBoo 08-22-2010 10:17 AM

Her excuse of the white thread was ridiculous. Is she really that stupid? Or just acting that way to keep the money? I wouldn't trust her to fix anything to make it better.

sewmuchmore 08-22-2010 10:21 AM

Go and ask to see some other quilts that she has quilted. Ask to see the pattern she is using and compare it with your quilt. Then decided if you want her to quilt your tops or not.