Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ? RE Quilt shops in Jefferson City, Columbia, Lake of Ozarks & Branson (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/re-quilt-shops-jefferson-city-columbia-lake-ozarks-branson-t191738.html)

Quilter 65 06-14-2012 06:53 AM

? RE Quilt shops in Jefferson City, Columbia, Lake of Ozarks & Branson

A group of friends and I are planning a trip to Branson MO in October 2012. We will be traveling down US 63 and were interested in shops located near or maybe within 20 miles on our journey to Branson. After JC we will probably be traveling 54 to 65. So if anyone has information about FABULOUS FINDS along these roads, please post so that we can plan an enjoyable, engaging trip. Thank you.

himnherr 06-14-2012 11:44 AM

Merrily We Quilt Along- NW corner of 65 & Sunshine. The Quilt Sampler is on SE corner of Glenstone & Sunshine. My favorite, though, is in Ozark at 65 & CC hwy. it's in a strip plaza behind Lambert's Restaraunt.

himnherr 06-14-2012 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by himnherr (Post 5288968)
Merrily We Quilt Along- NW corner of 65 & Sunshine. The Quilt Sampler is on SE corner of Glenstone & Sunshine. My favorite, though, is in Ozark at 65 & CC hwy. it's in a strip plaza behind Lambert's Restaraunt.

Oops! The first 2 are in Springfield.
Enjoy your trip!!

LTeachergeorge 06-14-2012 06:09 PM

Columbia has two quilt shops -- Satin Stitches and Appletree Quilting Center. Jefferson City has only one, but it's a good one. A little hard to find, but most people think it is worth the effort. It is called Specialty Quilts. Give them a call and someone can give you directions from wherever you are. A free newspaper, the Country Register, will have fabric shops listed by area. Have a great road trip!!!

NikkiLu 06-14-2012 07:19 PM

Quilts and Quilts is in Branson - they had to relocate when the tornado came through their building a couple of months ago - they are next to the IMAX theatre now - shouldn't be too hard to find that. They have a website. It was (and I am sure, still is) one of the nicest quilt stores that I have ever seen.

Learner747 06-15-2012 09:58 AM

There is a JoAnn's in Jefferson City about 2 miles on 54 from the 63/54 intersection. I was there this week and found everything I was looking for and on sale, too.

Quilter 65 06-15-2012 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by himnherr (Post 5288968)

Thank you. I know right where Lambert's is located. I will put that on the list.

Quilter 65 06-15-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge (Post 5289668)
Columbia has two quilt shops -- Satin Stitches and Appletree Quilting Center. Jefferson City has only one, but it's a good one. A little hard to find, but most people think it is worth the effort. It is called Specialty Quilts. Give them a call and someone can give you directions from wherever you are. A free newspaper, the Country Register, will have fabric shops listed by area. Have a great road trip!!!

Thank you for the lead. I am a bit familiar with Jefferson City so hopefully I can navigate to it with the help of good directions.

Quilter 65 06-15-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu (Post 5289800)
Quilts and Quilts is in Branson - they had to relocate when the tornado came through their building a couple of months ago - they are next to the IMAX theatre now - shouldn't be too hard to find that. They have a website. It was (and I am sure, still is) one of the nicest quilt stores that I have ever seen.

I have checked out their website. Looks like just the place to head for and drool. Thanks for the tip.

Quilter 65 06-15-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Learner747 (Post 5291038)
There is a JoAnn's in Jefferson City about 2 miles on 54 from the 63/54 intersection. I was there this week and found everything I was looking for and on sale, too.

I like JoAnn's and their coupons. Especially for scissors, and other quilting supplies. I was amazed when I recently replaced my scissors. Apparently, they were tireder than I knew about but they have cut many a foot of fabric of all kinds and thicknesses. The new ones just slice through everything. Thanks for the hint. I didn't know about this store.