Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Really happy with my Quilt In A Day order! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/really-happy-my-quilt-day-order-t193794.html)

wishfulthinking 07-06-2012 09:28 AM

Really happy with my Quilt In A Day order!

I placed an order with Quilt In A Day on Tuesday, and got it this morning. This is only my second order from them. The first came astoundingly quickly, too! And the fabric from both orders is just beautiful and very generously and evenly cut. It's so seldom we get such good customer service! Guess I should be writing them a letter of praise.

QuiltnLady1 07-06-2012 09:45 AM

Good to know -- I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but will keep them in mind in the future.

Lori S 07-06-2012 10:44 AM

I too ordered from them last week. Shipping was prompt , fabric was beautiful and high quality. It was packaged neat and tidy.
I order from them periodically , never been dissappointed.

Christine- 07-06-2012 10:51 AM

I'm glad to see this, thank you for sharing. I'll check them out now.

owlvamp 07-06-2012 11:03 AM

Thanks for sharing

Grandma Peg 07-06-2012 11:30 AM

They really do care about pleasing their customers.

burchquilts 07-06-2012 11:36 AM

I've had good luck with them, too. Has anyone ordered from their store in Paducah? I think it says on the website that if you live east of the Mississippi River you should order from that store instead of the one in CA (of course I saw that after I'd already placed my order from the CA location). My DD lives in San Diego & when I get to go see her, I'm DYING to go to the QIAD store! Has anyone been?

dunster 07-06-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5343820)
I've had good luck with them, too. Has anyone ordered from their store in Paducah? I think it says on the website that if you live east of the Mississippi River you should order from that store instead of the one in CA (of course I saw that after I'd already placed my order from the CA location). My DD lives in San Diego & when I get to go see her, I'm DYING to go to the QIAD store! Has anyone been?

I've been to the one in San Marcos (SD area) several times, but I no longer bother to go there when visiting my kids in that area. The prices in the store are higher than online, and the selection of sales fabrics is not that great. The store isn't very large, and I haven't been impressed with the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff either. It is the site used to film the QIAD shows, so I was expecting more. I would much rather go to Rosie's Calico Cupboard on El Cajon Blvd. or to Quilter's Paradise in Escondido.

CoyoteQuilts 07-06-2012 10:12 PM

Yep, that is the only fabric store I planned on my trip to CA. It's a joke my husband tells.... I was really surprised with the size of the store and where it was located. It is in an industrial area and the store is no bigger than a minute.... The $3 fabric online is $6 in the store. I also agree the staff that works the store isn't as friendly as you would think. They were polite, but were not full of questions like my local staff are. I mean there wasn't any, 'Where are you from?', 'What are you working on?' or those types of questions. I did see Orion as he was leaving and El had a bus tour she was doing a demo with. I didn't get to talk with her at all, but did get a couple pictures... We didn't stay long, but I can now say that I have been at QIAD....
I also have ordered from them several times, but stopped since the free shipping is anything over $150.00. I can get better deals right here at home...

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5343820)