Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Reason I Bought My Sewing Machine... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/reason-i-bought-my-sewing-machine-t89054.html)

Leota 01-09-2011 04:33 PM

lol.... that's too funny....chuckle...

Lynnie25 01-09-2011 04:34 PM

Oh that is way too cute, love it. Looking at your gorgeous doggie makes me miss my darling Tessie so much and it has only been a month :( :(

dkabasketlady 01-09-2011 04:44 PM

And they say animals are DUMB!!!! Yeah right, he was smart enough to know what "Mommy" does with her sewing machine, fix his toys that's what!!!

0tis 01-09-2011 04:48 PM

Mine do the same thing - I have 3 french bulldogs - all 3 sit and watch me sew - sometimes they get under my feet and step on my pedal - usually I have to get up and play with them for a few minutes then I can get back to sewing.

Maia B 01-09-2011 04:51 PM

I'm a nurse, and hold periodic dolly/fiber animal clinics. Last time a bean bag bunny coded on the table, and I revived it using iPod ear buds as defibrillator paddles. Got a lot of laughs. The only thing "domestic" about me is the sewing, so I'm quick to hem and mend for my cooking and cleaning husband who grew up with a mom that worked on homemaking from predawn to late night including everything made from scratch. I don't even fold his laundry and only cook when he's not home, so Tylenol and gum in my purse and on demand mending is my wifely side. I make quilts for the pets when I can.

craftybear 01-09-2011 04:52 PM

those eyes are worth a thousand words, thanks for sharing

ncsewer 01-09-2011 04:53 PM

Sounds like our hubbies are brothers. I'm always making a little bag to fit something. The phone, the camera, to put on his belt and hold a few little things he needs for work. I also hem every pair of pants and shorten the sleeves on any long sleeved shirts. The worst for me is putting in new pockets, I've tried all kinds of boughten one and even tried to make my own, nothing worked very well.

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
In my case the sad sack is my husband. He is always bringing me something he needs fixed. He is short with a pot belly. I have to hem all of his pants and have been known to mend his pockets and even the seams of his winter gloves. I also had to make him a facemask so that he could ride is Harley to work in cold weather. I think the reason he married me is because I was able to do all of his mending when we were dating.
The worst job I had was repairing the canvas curtins for my step son's boat. I also made him cloth bags for the traps he uses to catch bait to use in his crabbing business.
AFter all sewing machines are not meant for quilting alone.

chris_quilts 01-09-2011 05:00 PM

My Shepherd tears out the stuffing first, especially if it's a squeeker, then the toy is acceoptable to play with. What a spoiled doggy I have. Spoiled but loved. :)

Pickles 01-09-2011 05:01 PM

I have sewed a few of those toys up also, it's usually best to put all felt eyes on any toy you buy for them, as they might
get into bad trouble with anything else for eyes.
Your Baby is just the cutest :D

sueisallaboutquilts 01-09-2011 06:07 PM

I just melted at this story and pics. :D
My son's dog used to chew up everything so son would go to the thrift shop and get old stuffed animals for my granddog.
Once I asked what I could buy him that he wouldn't destroy and my son said the only thing he could think of was a bowling ball lol :D