Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Reasons to quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/reasons-quilt-t123020.html)

Tinabug 05-15-2011 11:13 PM

love to create and love projects, love textiles. I can't golf anymore that was my physical outlet along with repurposing found objects, furniture, baskets, ceramics. Shoulder surgery and upcoming knee replacement have all but halted my physical outlets. So, I fell back to the only way I know to get the creative part of me out there. Can't paint, don't crochet, don't knit. But I can sew! There is a challenge and creative when I am making a quilt top. I love it when a pattern comes together and makes sense.
I'm one who has to be doing something with my hands, I cannot sit still. I really wish I could sometime. I love the colors and designs of fabric and putting together fabrics that you just know won't look good .... and they do. How amazing is that ? Plus, I get to visit with the wonderful people on this quilting board. That's reason enough!!!

Tinabug 05-15-2011 11:14 PM

love to create and love projects, love textiles. I can't golf anymore that was my physical outlet along with repurposing found objects, furniture, baskets, ceramics. Shoulder surgery and upcoming knee replacement have all but halted my physical outlets. So, I fell back to the only way I know to get the creative part of me out there. Can't paint, don't crochet, don't knit. But I can sew! There is a challenge and creative when I am making a quilt top. I love it when a pattern comes together and makes sense.
I'm one who has to be doing something with my hands, I cannot sit still. I really wish I could sometime. I love the colors and designs of fabric and putting together fabrics that you just know won't look good .... and they do. How amazing is that ? Plus, I get to visit with the wonderful people on this quilting board. That's reason enough!!!

Tinabug 05-15-2011 11:15 PM

Ooops, looks like I sent out a double dose of my thoughts. Sorry.

yellowsnow55 05-15-2011 11:16 PM

For fun, family , charity and sanity :thumbup:

coloradosky 05-16-2011 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grambi
For fun. I love every step of the way to making a quilt. I have given most of them away as gifts so far.

Man, do I ever wish I could make some money with my hobby to pay for my hobby. DH woud love it even more!

I absolutely love your avatar! :D I too quilt for fun and relaxation. I have made four children quilts as gifts and kept the first patch quilt I made. If I ever sold one it would have to be a quilt that I had already finished because I would not want to be "under the gun" so to speek.

tntgranny 05-16-2011 05:36 AM

MY SANITY!!!!!

Becka 05-16-2011 06:14 AM

I quilt for fun and my own sense of being productive/creative/challenged, usually with someone in mind.

quilterpam 05-16-2011 12:32 PM

Just for fun although I'm in a slump right now. Hope to be better soon :cry:

Becky Crafts 05-16-2011 03:59 PM

I quilt for fun, for gifts & for the joy in the creativity of it.

3TreeFrog 05-17-2011 04:36 PM

Fun fun fun, and only for fun!