Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Received Fons and Porter DVD in mail - did not order (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/received-fons-porter-dvd-mail-did-not-order-t53472.html)

kay carlson 07-08-2010 02:33 PM

Imagine my surprise when reviewing today's mail.

DVD from F&P - ultimate dvd collection/inspiration for creating classic quilts and more

Instructions for returning dvd in enclosed envelope after preview OR enclosing payment of $12.95 and signing up as regular subscriber for additional mailings every 2-3 months.

Please note message: Because you didn't ask for this special DVD, you don't have to participate or send it back and can consider it a free gift.++++++++++++++ Just a heads up regarding merchandise you did not order.

raptureready 07-08-2010 02:35 PM

I got mine today too. I plan to keep it, I didn't order it and don't have to pay for it. I won't be ordering anymore. I plan to drop the empty envelope in the mail with a big red NO on it.

Tink's Mom 07-08-2010 02:35 PM

I recieved it a couple of months ago...I sent the DVD back, along with Do not Want....It might be nice, but too pricey for me.

DeneK 07-08-2010 03:01 PM

I got something like this today from Discover... I almost wrote a letter of complaint to send back with the DVD, but figured no one would read it any way.

I DO NOT like this kind of opt-out promotion. Also started to keep the DVD, but decided to just return it. Don't want to get into an argument later about it.

martha jo 07-08-2010 08:08 PM

I got that deal from McCalls and called and complained. They are really making a mistake sending unsolicited merchandise and asking us to do anything. Evidently the same ad company is doing this for Fons and Porter. It really makes them look "cheap".

AudreyB 07-08-2010 08:22 PM

I received the same deal from McCalls. I highlighted the part that said I could consider it a free gift and wrote "thanks for the free gift" on the form. I haven't looked at it yet, but I bet they don't send me another one!

wvdek 07-08-2010 08:30 PM

I'll see what comes in the mail tom.

I got a notice for female veterans that my health care would be free, just to call so-and-so. I started laughing and asked Dh, "when was I in the military? Does ROTC in HS count?"

VA sent a letter the next week stating the company they hired to send out the notices, sent to all female vets and wives of vets. Too bad since I don't currently have any health insurance. Oh well. Happens more than we know.

pieces 07-09-2010 04:09 AM

I got mine on Wednesday from McCalls Quilting.
DVD's will be $12.99, I mailed mine back. Checked the box so they don't send anymore. I guess this is a way for them to make money. But I don't like the fact that they are using their mailing list to send me something I didn't order.

kay carlson 07-09-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by pieces
I got mine on Wednesday from McCalls Quilting.
DVD's will be $12.99, I mailed mine back. Checked the box so they don't send anymore. I guess this is a way for them to make money. But I don't like the fact that they are using their mailing list to send me something I didn't order.

Well said. Thank you!

Kitsie 07-09-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by martha jo
I got that deal from McCalls and called and complained. They are really making a mistake sending unsolicited merchandise and asking us to do anything. Evidently the same ad company is doing this for Fons and Porter. It really makes them look "cheap".

Me also, from McCalls. Nothing very interesting on it to make it worth buying. I, also, am NOT going to return it or pay for it. Now waiting for F&P!