Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Regular or Ultimate Pounce Pad? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/regular-ultimate-pounce-pad-t197735.html)

Candace 08-17-2012 06:45 AM

I also worry that the needle going down through the fabric and chalk is forcing chalk into the bobbin area and mechanisms of the machine. I wouldn't worry about a vintage machine, but my computerized Bernina? I just can't get past that and try it:<

bjhumes 10-06-2012 06:52 AM

Just got my pounce and noticed it disappears with handling..so read to take cheap hair spray in aersol can to fix it!
Going to store and get a CHEAP can of hair spray before I lose all my efforts! In case anyone has this problem. The Ultimate shouldn't do this or need hairspray but lady said it will still iron out and dust off once project is done. Hope this helps! I got my pounce and stencils from [email protected] She has an awesome collection to pick from and ships timely! I will be using her again as my Hobby Lobby closed out all stencils and doesn't have any now.

carslo 10-06-2012 09:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished my first experience with pounce this week. I had a quilt with some open blocks so I bought pounce and used the blue powder on the medium beige quilt blocks and borders. I found it came off quite easily and only left me the slight indication of where to fmq. I was heavy handed with the powder to make it stick and I had no trouble washing it off in my washing machine. It was a smaller quilt so I did do it at home. I was glad to read about the hairspray I was wondering if that would work - so I will try that next time. Here is a pic of my first attempt of stensil quilting I usually just do meadnering but I wanted to step my game up :) I also tried echo quilting around the celtic cross. It could be better but I am not unhappy with effort.

Deborahlees 10-06-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by carslo (Post 5566217)
I just finished my first experience with pounce this week. I had a quilt with some open blocks so I bought pounce and used the blue powder on the medium beige quilt blocks and borders. I found it came off quite easily and only left me the slight indication of where to fmq. I was heavy handed with the powder to make it stick and I had no trouble washing it off in my washing machine. It was a smaller quilt so I did do it at home. I was glad to read about the hairspray I was wondering if that would work - so I will try that next time. Here is a pic of my first attempt of stensil quilting I usually just do meadnering but I wanted to step my game up :) I also tried echo quilting around the celtic cross. It could be better but I am not unhappy with effort.

Well done and you did that free motion on a 'home machine'....impressive !!!!

carslo 10-08-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees (Post 5566235)
Well done and you did that free motion on a 'home machine'....impressive !!!!

Thank you yes I have Sapphire 830 and she is a little work horse!