Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Reorganized!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/reorganized-t56404.html)

sewcrafty 07-27-2010 03:07 AM

I just love how addicted everyone is!!! I don't feel alone. I sneak stuff into the house, wash and fold it and then put away. I guess I feel excessive (guilty), not that he would say something, but just don't want to go there. DH has made statements like OMG 17 bins!! Are you sure you need more? :lol: :lol:

Hun, never never never enough!!! :lol: :lol:

mlaceruby 07-27-2010 03:39 AM

My hubby collects toys! He has taken over the apartment above our garage for his hobby!
So he never says a word about fabric!

quiltinghere 07-27-2010 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by kathome

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I'm sorry to laugh but that's just so funny! I think many of us can empathize with you. I like the artistic comment though.
I also chuckled b/c WE know that you have enough fabric for more than a dozen quilts probably lol :D

I totally denied it. I said something very nonchalant along the lines of, "oh, you don't know how much fabric it takes to make a quilt. It may LOOK like a lot but it isn't really." hehehehehe.

ROFLMAO - now I have to clean the keyboard of coffee spit!!! LOL

Conniequilts 07-27-2010 05:03 AM

Me? I just say, when I have enough material to meet the cost of those two cars in the garage - THEN you can start yelling at me - until then.....I'm gonna keep shopping.

Let me tell you ladies - there is no possible way for me to have THAT much material :)

Ann S. 07-27-2010 05:10 AM

Reminds me of a story from one of my quilting friends. She too was reorganizing after collecting fabric for some 20 years. Her DH said, "WOW, you must have over $300 of fabric in here!" She just agreed with a smile. Obviously her DH had never priced fabric before. :)

sueisallaboutquilts 07-27-2010 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I just mention the baseball cards.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This thread is too funny!!! :mrgreen:
Keep em coming!! lol
Karen, you really made my day. I've been laughing since this one started :D

mpspeedy 07-27-2010 05:52 AM

My husband knows better. He has golf clubs he has used maybe six times in 10 years. He has a Harley he maybe puts 1000 miles a year on just riding to work on good weather days, mowers, blowers, saws, etc. etc. For the first 15 years or so of our marriage he was a trap shooter, guns, ammo, entrance fees etc. etc.
Being involved with Linus has been great. I now have an excuse to buy more fabric.

LAQUITA 07-27-2010 06:04 AM

SUCH cute ideas, I have to rememebr these for when I need them!
Thanks for the laughs ladies1
Hace a good day! :)

Joanie2 07-27-2010 07:29 AM

My husband collects comic books and I've told him if I had a FQ for every comic books he owns so far I need to get out there and shop, shop, shop. There are some weeks I don't buy any fabric and he's still buying comic books!

Dee 07-27-2010 05:14 PM

My DH stands and watches me go thru all the aisles and just says-I know it screamed-buy me. How many times I just needed 1 more piece for a special quilt I haven't started yet, but soon. When we moved from AZ. to Pa. that was a hoot. The mover said-did you own a fabric store? Dh said-no she is wraping the world in fabric.