Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A request from my DS & DIL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/request-my-ds-dil-t173222.html)

trif 12-26-2011 08:43 AM

A request from my DS & DIL

Im very excited, my DS and DIL have asked me to make them an everyday quilt that can be used on their couch to match their new apartment. I had made a quilt for my DS(two sons, had made them each quilts about 4 years ago, younger son uses his everyday. Didnt think my oldest used his at all) I found out that my oldest and his wife use it when watching tv, but my DIL hogs it! Hehehe ( already proud of her!)

So, I already ran to the fabric store and found the perfect colors they requested. Sea foam green and tan.
Can't wait to get started. I just hope I purchased enough fabric, they are both tall (unlike me ) and have asked the quilt be at least 8" long.
Happy quilting to me :-)

Treasureit 12-26-2011 08:46 AM

I would be thrilled if my DS would ask for a quilt - they are too modern for them...they don't say it...just their reaction to the ones I have shown them.

sharon b 12-26-2011 08:49 AM

What pattern have you picked to use ? Keep us posted :)

erstan947 12-26-2011 09:05 AM

I love to do "request" quilts! Keep us posted on your progress!:)

Raggiemom 12-26-2011 10:38 AM

That's great news. I told two of my sisters that I would make quilts for them after Christmas and they are anxiously waiting for them.! I promised them by the end of May. They're both rail fence patterns so that shouldn't be a problem. The pain in the butt part is they both have queen sized beds!

dublb 12-26-2011 12:11 PM

My cousin has asked me for a quilt! I probably talk to him about once or twice a year yet when we do talk we talk for about an hour or more! He is only a few months older than me & we grew up together. I had met his last wife last year & was very surprised when he called me (just before Thanksgiving) to say that he was getting another divorce. I was so sad 'cause I really liked this wife. Anyway while we were talking, he said that he would really like it if I made him a quilt 'before we get to old." I told him that I wasn't getting any older, but I would make him a quilt! By the end of the day I had one planned! It's awesome when we get requests!:thumbup:

lynnsim 12-26-2011 12:25 PM

I know how you feel about the request. I was shocked a few weeks back when my oldest DD said she would love a quilt I had made. I'm going to make a lap quilt for her; in earthtones. Hoping it will be ready for her birthday in June.

BrendaK 12-26-2011 12:40 PM

Happy for you. Can't wait to see what you do. BrendaK

trif 12-26-2011 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the fabric I have picked. I think I will use warm wishes pattern and the tan with dots fabric as binding as well.

Brenda M 12-26-2011 05:10 PM

Very pretty material!! Keep us posted on what pattern you pick!