Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   returns to joann fabrics? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/returns-joann-fabrics-t101488.html)

carolaug 02-20-2011 02:57 PM

I need to return an item to Joanne's - I bought a product that broke and I need a replacement. Has anyone ever return an item that they bought on Joanns website? It states on their website that returns need to be mailed in and you have to pay shipping. Has anyone tried to have a replacement done at the store??

amma 02-20-2011 03:01 PM

I don't know, maybe call the store and ask first, since their policy is not to? :D:D:D

NannySandy 02-20-2011 03:16 PM

I was told by a Joanns employee that anything you order on line, cannot be returned to the store. She said the online Joanns and the "actual" Joanns stores are NOT one in the same. Go figure.....

dreamer2009 02-20-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I need to return an item to Joanne's - I bought a product that broke and I need a replacement. Has anyone ever return an item that they bought on Joanns website? It states on their website that returns need to be mailed in and you have to pay shipping. Has anyone tried to have a replacement done at the store??

No you can not return to store as they are actually 2 different companies...says our store manager.

LadsMom 02-20-2011 03:25 PM

I sent an e-mail requesting permission to return faulty fabric. They promptly sent directions for returning. I did not have to pay postage either way.

carolaug 02-20-2011 03:26 PM

Aurgh...thanks...that is a shame...it will cost me a lot to ship it back...they do not make it easy...I just need a replacement. I may not bother ordering from them again....I will do like most people...just take the loss...i am sure that is what they are hoping for.

carolaug 02-24-2011 03:23 AM

I finally got a response from Joanne's they sent me a free shipping label to send it back to their warehouse and then they would ship me a new one (way too late...)...I had already contacted Accuquilt and they are shipping me one. I will order directly from Accuquilt...excellent customer service!!! Quality service to me is better than a cheap price of inconvince. I still can not believe that I could not at least return item to the store. As I do if needed to other stores with websites.

Originally Posted by carolaug

carolaug 02-26-2011 08:27 PM

I have about totally had it with Joanns...I was on line with the sales...wanted an item that was on sale. It did not say on line only...dragged my hubby down there. I was going to buy 6 -10 of the item on sale. It was not on sale at the store...what the heck...I ended up buying one with the 40 percent off which was still way more that the sale. I was told if i could print the price and the date I could get the sale price...the page does not have the date on it...so sick of it...they really need to get their act together!!!