Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   rip ir or leave it??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rip-ir-leave-t275015.html)

quiltlady1941 01-26-2016 11:29 AM

rip ir or leave it???

5 Attachment(s)
I am trying to do some appliqué on a baby quilt, I'm not real good at this but I do try. Do you think I should rip some of the stitches out, there not real smooth looking, there are three places that to me they don't look the greatest, but even if I do rip them out I may still end up with the quilt looking the same, as I said I am not real good at this part,

Also would you add some more to the design, like maybe some flowers or whatever? Thanks

barny 01-26-2016 11:34 AM

I wouldn't rip it out. By the time it is washed, It will look just fine, Applique isn't easy. The quilt is really, really pretty.

Doggramma 01-26-2016 11:37 AM

I wouldn't rip it out either. It looks fine. Cute quilt!

notmorecraft 01-26-2016 11:37 AM

Remember you are looking at it from a couple of inches away, others will be looking from a couple of feet, I would leave it I think it is beautiful

Crqltr 01-26-2016 11:44 AM

Adorable! I don't appliqué as well as some either! I wouldn't rip it out. If I have parts that don't match up I try to match the thread with a fabric pen and color it in... Can't tell as long as you are careful with the coloring.

kathy 01-26-2016 11:45 AM

I don't think anyone can flawlessly execute the satin stitch without an embroidery machine doing it for them. It will be much easier on you if you just go with a fairly tight zigzag, the small bits of fuzz that peek out give it character!

PaperPrincess 01-26-2016 11:53 AM

Cute, cute, cute! I also would not rip anything out, but probably would go over the area where the tail meets the body in the middle picture to even it up & make sure that edge is secured.

ManiacQuilter2 01-26-2016 11:59 AM

Adorable quilt. Are you using your walking foot?? I have gone over zig zag applique again to smooth it out but I don't know if this is just one pass on yours. Usually I do a strip piece to get my stitch length where is should be. It is not as easy to do as it may look.

cjsews 01-26-2016 12:06 PM

So cute. No I would not tear it out. I don't think it needs anything else on it. If you want to add some more , I would appliqué some paw prints on the quilt.

quiltlady1941 01-26-2016 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone, I was wondering this, if I could just sew over it to make it look better, but didn't know if it would look better or worse, guess I can give it a try...Thanks everyone for your help

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7446358)
Adorable quilt. Are you using your walking foot?? I have gone over zig zag applique again to smooth it out but I don't know if this is just one pass on yours. Usually I do a strip piece to get my stitch length where is should be. It is not as easy to do as it may look.