Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Road Trip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/road-trip-t56455.html)

Up North 07-27-2010 04:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I kidnapped my BFF who does not sew and we took off on a little road trip. Gaylord Michigan has a huge Ben Franklin store and we wanted to start there. OH my I thought I had died and gone to the Fabric store in the sky!! What a wonderful selection, Lots of name brands Most everything was 7.99 a yard and the clerk was wonderful. Tons of panels, placemats, aprons, fabric book panels, wallhanging you name it! A whole isle. I only purchased two pieced for aprons but got a ton of free pattern leaflets. WE spend the day wandering this adorable town, checked out a couple thrift shops, no sewing machines to be found :( Had a great grinder for lunch. After spending all day wandering we headed for home, Yacking and laughing along the way. All of a sudden up ahead I see the Mackinac Bridge!!
I had drove right past our exit 30 miles back!! Well I did get off before I had to cross the bridge but barely, I am still laughing. Needless to say supper was a bit later than planned and I want to go back real soon!! If you have never been there and are in Michigan it is well worth the trip over. Gaylord is right along side I75 very easy town to get in and out of!!

Quilter7x 07-27-2010 04:05 AM

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. And it would be just like me to go 30 miles past my exit! :lol: You two must have been yakking up a storm! :lol:

mygirl66 07-27-2010 04:09 AM

Im glad you had a good time! I have done that before, talking and passed my exit, wondering where I was, lol.But mine was on the way to Detroit Air Port hehehehe

CarrieAnne 07-27-2010 04:10 AM

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!! I LOVE Ben Franklin......ours closed a few years back, but they had the BEST 30's fabrics, and the sweetest ladies working there!
I LOVE the fabric you got with the farm scence, that is so pretty!

Up North 07-27-2010 04:12 AM

By the time we got home had a found a solution to most of the worlds problems that is for sure!!

janRN 07-27-2010 04:51 AM

Sounds like you had a great time-I love the fabrics you bought and can't wait to see what you make with them.

My friend and I were going to an Art Show about 45 min from our homes; 3 hours later we realized we must have missed our exit!! We turned around and made it to the show 10 min before it closed. I can't imagine doing something like that with DH: he would be swearing and cussing and yelling like a mad man. Why don't men just admit sometimes you get lost and just enjoy the scenery and the company??

Up North 07-27-2010 04:55 AM

Both of us admit that when we go places with Hubby no one talks much, Now we know why!! Gaylord is only an hour and 15 min from home, you think we would have realized how much time had gone by! I wonder what kind of look I had on my face when I saw the bridge?!!

sewgull 07-27-2010 06:12 AM

You girls just had a wonderful day. Wish I could have been along.

tlrnhi 07-27-2010 06:38 AM

What a great day you had!

3incollege 07-27-2010 06:44 AM

I stumbled to a Ben Franklin in Ohio last year. Taking a drive with my DH. it was such a quiant town I loved that BF. We had one years ago in Zelianople,Pa. years ago, but I don't remember having alot of fabric.