Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotary cutter blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotary-cutter-blades-t96861.html)

Darlene 02-05-2011 03:53 AM

Harbor Freight is a store that sells tools of all kinds. The carpet cutter blades work in the rotary cutters. I haven't bought any there yet but plan to when I run out of my Clover blades.

loishe 02-05-2011 04:08 AM

I just ordered 20 packages and got them in 3 or 4 days. I ordered for several people. Sure don't need that many for myself at one time!

dkabasketlady 02-05-2011 06:39 AM

Last fall I stopped in the HF in the city where my youngest DS lives and bought 30 pkgs.(not ALL they had) and I didn't put them on E-bay. I have given some to my DM & her Hospice charity group as well as sent some to some members on this board on the secret angel swap!

bgullett 02-05-2011 06:43 AM

I bought two packages and love them. If you order from the store I think the shipping is craziness, so if you dont' need them immeditely, try and be patient and check back often with your local store.

quilter1943 02-05-2011 06:47 AM

I just looked for locations on line. Anyone in the DB, FL area, there is one just north of Mason AVenue. I'll be there after the races are over. Too much traffic now. GREAT info! Thanks.

Deb watkins 02-05-2011 06:57 AM

Since many of you are picking them up for others, I don't have a HF anywhere near me......maybe you could send a couple of packages our way. Will they fit in a regular $.44 envelope?

quilter1943 02-05-2011 06:59 AM

I just looked at their web site again and didn't see anything for a rotary cutter. What do you ask for?

Fancy Nancy 02-05-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1943
I just looked at their web site again and didn't see anything for a rotary cutter. What do you ask for?

they are carpet cutting blades - not sure what to type for search but that is what they sell them for.

featherweight 02-05-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
well.. after numerous trips to HF and they were always out, was in there on Monday and they had a whole rack full. I bought 12 packages - but that wasn't even half of what they had. I had a coupon for 20% off ONE item. The blades were $1.99 per pack. Didn't think much about it when paying but was showing my dau receipt when I got home to show her how much cheaper they were than "name brand" blades and the clerk had given me 20% off the whole purchase making each pack about $1.49 before tax. And, b/c I spent at least $20 I got a free mini LED flashlite! But at least I left blades for the carpet cutter people!

That is what they did when I bought some several weeks ago. That makes a better deal yet, huh??? :thumbup:

hannajo 02-05-2011 07:08 AM

I just ordered blades from HF online. I got an email saying they were shipped 1-18-2011, but still haven't seen them. I hope they get here soon...