Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Row by Row Experience (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/row-row-experience-t252739.html)

sewbizgirl 08-30-2014 10:15 AM

Row by Row Experience

There aren't enough LYS in my area to do a row-by-row experience. I would love to see what others are making. Could you please post photos of your RBR quilts here, if you have made one or are working on one?

Thanks!

Sandygirl 08-30-2014 11:38 AM

Check to see if your State has a Rxr facebook page.
sandy

mamaw 08-30-2014 11:38 AM

I didn't get to enough shops to make one, only have 4 row patterns; but do agree it would be nice to see what other's have done in their states with their rows. Post those photos!!!!!!

Homemother 08-30-2014 03:46 PM

Here's mine

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! Thanks for starting this thread. I did my Row by Row in the month of July. Fortunately, we traveled early in July and I collected on the way. Unfortunately, the quilt shop where I won my prize has not posted a picture of my quilt. I would like to see pictures of other board members, too!!! You can go on facebook and type in, for example, Pennsylvania Row by Row, and their site will be the top choice. They have pictures of winners for their state and other cool pictures.

joym 08-30-2014 03:51 PM

love this quilt...love the variety of the strips

coastienest 08-30-2014 03:58 PM

I love that you put the year on it and the wording for Row by Row. Was that your idea or did you pick up the lettering along the way.I have never seen one like this and I think it is an awesome way to do it. You were lucky to get those patterns. None of what we got had the season on like yours or were seasonal at all. OK now tell me you added the season wording on your own!!!! Just love this!!

joyful1 08-30-2014 04:32 PM

Homemother, you did a great job on your row-by-row

Homemother 08-30-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by coastienest (Post 6866829)
I love that you put the year on it and the wording for Row by Row. Was that your idea or did you pick up the lettering along the way.I have never seen one like this and I think it is an awesome way to do it. You were lucky to get those patterns. None of what we got had the season on like yours or were seasonal at all. OK now tell me you added the season wording on your own!!!! Just love this!!

Thanks for your lovely comments! The designer of the fall and autumn blocks included the lettering in their rows. The PA Row By Row was my inception. I needed to balance the quilt with something, so I chose to identify the event on the left side of the quilt. The right side is the shoo-fly block from a shop in Lancaster County, PA. For my letters and numbers, I found a font I liked on the internet, printed them out, cut, glued them down (I was out of fusible), then zigzagged all around them. All those snowflakes are zigzagged, too. This was a super-fun project to make!

Cybrarian 08-30-2014 05:34 PM

You did a wonderful job, great quilt!

just_the_scraps_m'am 08-30-2014 05:55 PM

your creativity is showing -- very nice job! looks like you covered that nicely! pretty snowflakes, too!