Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A sad day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sad-day-t69351.html)

Rosebudh 10-10-2010 08:04 AM

Today I moved everything out of sewing room. My son and his family are moving in. So my sewing space is now in the corner in the living room. My fabric is all over. Under the bed, in the garage and in the camper. Has any one else had to make a major reduction in there sewing area? How did you handle it? I know this not a forever thing, just until they back on their feet. Any word of advise is welcomed.

craftybear 10-10-2010 08:05 AM

Hi,

hugs to you, take care and hope you can get you a nice area to sew soon

Happy Quilting

Can you add on to your house?

dotcomdtcm 10-10-2010 08:09 AM

Hi,
Many sympathies. My 4 bedrooms are filled with my daughter & her 2 friends. I sew in my bedroom. I rented a storage unit. It's not that much money & it helped me get rid of things we don't need right now. Big hug, Dotty

SherriB 10-10-2010 08:31 AM

My DD and grandbabies also live with us. I sew in the kitchen when everyone is asleep or on weekends when the babies visit their other Mamaw and Papaw. My fabric and sewing things are in two tall cabinets with doors in my room.

I keep hoping that someday DD and SIL will finally decide to get them a place. I don't mind them living with us. I get to love and spoil my babies every day. But they need a room of their own, where they can play with their toys no one can fuss at them.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 10-10-2010 08:38 AM

This may sound cold , but could they live in the camper for a while, up side is they would be close, have there own space, and you'd be able to keep the sewing room, guess you could always retire to mom's retreat, sewing room /camper. Hate anyone to loose the sewing space, not sure I'd give mine up. Good Luck :) Hope it all works out!! and know it will!! :)

thimblebug6000 10-10-2010 08:44 AM

When I read your title line I thought oh no, not another death or cancer.....I think I would change your title to say, I'm thankful I can be there in my son's time of need. JMHO

BellaBoo 10-10-2010 08:47 AM

Find a small camper for sale and use that as your sewing place. It's worth it and when things are back to normal, you have instant hotel room when needed.

isewhappy 10-10-2010 08:48 AM

Both of my grown sons are 1000+ miles away - in opposite directions from me. I would give a lot to have them living with me. No offense meant to the poster - but as much as I love quilting... I'd take up knitting.

lisainmo 10-10-2010 08:50 AM

Sending HUGS your way, however, I am thankful that you took them in and are helping them. It's never easy to give up our sewing rooms, but I would do it in a heartbeat if my kids needed to be here with me. Good Luck, and hopefully all will work out for you.

franie 10-10-2010 08:52 AM

It is just a hump in the rd. Things are tough right now for many. Just be glad you can help out even if it means losing your sewing room.