Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Safety Pin Basting Tip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/safety-pin-basting-tip-t20874.html)

dlf0122quilting 06-04-2009 07:32 AM

That is such an awesome tip. My neighborhood friendship quilting group just happens to be having a meeting next week and we are to bring along a tip for quilting. Hope you won't mind me sharing yours. You are a lifesaver...and a pretty one at that.

adrianlee 06-04-2009 07:44 AM

Wow! What a great tip!! Now I know what to do with my marble. This is one of the best ideas for basting in ages. Thanks for sharing.

Andi 06-04-2009 07:46 AM

Thanks for the great tip, now if I could only find one of my "lost marbles" lol. I wouldn't dream of NOT taping my quilt back to the table, floor or carpet. How would you ever keep it from moving around, unless you have the big clamps to do the job.

kluedesigns 06-04-2009 08:06 AM

i'm so glad you guys like the tip - feel free to spread the word throughout the quilting world :-)

hpylady 06-04-2009 08:30 AM

Klue.........your avatar is beautiful, like the girls said. Love the place you were at. Read lots of you messages on the board and you really know what you are talking about. Thanks for all of your smarts! Really great ideas. I tape my backings, but never thought about taping the batting and the quilt top, but WILL start doing so, and the marble, OH! what a great idea. I just finished sandwiching a quilt with curved safety pins, :shock: fixing to quilt on my machine. I have another quilt top that is ready to sandwich and I will try the marble. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just fixing to order that little tool from Nancy's Notions, calle Kwick something, I forget, I have to look at my email, anyway it's to save your fingers from getting sore from closing the safety pins. I'm gonna try the marble first. :thumbup:

JoanneS 06-04-2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i'm so glad you guys like the tip - feel free to spread the word throughout the quilting world :-)

Send it to Fons and Porter or Threads to make some money and/or get gifts before somebody else from some other board or forum does! It's your tip, and a great one, Klue

kluedesigns 06-04-2009 09:22 AM

i sent it to fons years ago and they must have used it because i got a free subscription.

what is threads?

adrianlee 06-04-2009 09:41 AM

Threads is a really neat magazine for those who are into making clothes an finding tuning your skills. Just type in the search engine: Threads magzine and it will find you the site.

kluedesigns 06-04-2009 09:58 AM

thank you.

kluedesigns 06-04-2009 11:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
i'm making another quilt sandwich today so i thought i post pics of how i tape everything down.

i use ultimate quilters pounce on my top so thats the white powder that you see. i do tape down trying to avoid the powder because the tape will remove some of the powder making it harder to see the lines.

this is a quilt for a friends mother. its her birthday this month and she's giving it to her as a birthday present.

her mother has been breast cancer free for 10 years now so she wanted a breast cancer theme hence all the pink ribbons in a swirl design.

then her favorite color is purple so i put it on a purple background fabric.

i'm going to add in prairie points with this pink and purple swirl fabric that i have when its time to bind the quilt.

so i hope you enjoy the photo's - feel free to ask any questions.

the pics will be across 2 posts in this thread.