Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Salvation Army Deal of the Day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/salvation-army-deal-day-t67225.html)

Cheshirecatquilter 09-30-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I had no intention of going out at all today! It's cold and raining. I had just heated up my lunch, when DH called and said, "I just had a bottle of White Out fall on my lap, can you bring me some clean pants? Please?". So being the wonderful wife that I am, I got him another pair of pants, and took them up to his office. He felt bad for making me come out in the bad weather, gave me $10 to stop & get lunch, but I have food at home, and went to Salvation Army instead.
I went directly to the fabric/craft section, and guess what I got!
1 yard of D.Morgan fabric (For Springs Ind.) A Little Bit of Heaven
2 yards of vintage pink fabric with blue sprays of flowers on them
3 fat quarters of blue/white flower/stripe fabric
2 yards of Robert Kaufman 50's repo fabric
1 3/4 yard small whale light brown cord fabric
3 yards of red, green & white homespun
Total price? $3.98 Today turned out to be a pretty good day!

If I were you I'd make sure to put some leaky pens in his shirt pockets so you'd get called in to rescue him more often. ;)

cimarron 09-30-2010 07:51 PM

Hey: It's confirmation...inside every cloud there is a silver lining...LOL!
I do WISH I could -see- the pink one with the little blue flowers. I'd like 'one of everything' fitting description...have loved little blue flowers since a can remember! : - D

cimarron 09-30-2010 08:03 PM

PLEASE tell him what a blessing he was today! SO many times what we think are goof-ups end up being blessings in disguise. He will be SO proud of you, a real Proverbs 31 woman...searching for "good stuff" from everywhere, and "red" coverings for her family. That's you sugar-bee!

missionslady 09-30-2010 10:25 PM

Don't you just love that feeling?! I donate clothing and things to the Salvation Army, and when I do I like to go in and see what they have in their store. I always check the fabric section. One time I hit it just right as a worker was unloading a cart full of novelty fabric--new and in good condition! Apparently someone cleaned out their sewing room or no longer sewed! I happened to be the only one near it at the time. I walked out with stacks of fabric that I am still using years later to make things for my grandchildren and to use in charity quilts. This only happened once, but I still remember how good it felt!

IBQUILTIN 09-30-2010 11:40 PM

GFY!!!! See what a good deed will getcha

Nancy11442 10-01-2010 12:54 AM

I had no intention of going out at all today! It's cold and raining. I had just heated up my lunch, when DH called and said, "I just had a bottle of White Out fall on my lap, can you bring me some clean pants? Please?". So being the wonderful wife that I am, I got him another pair of pants, and took them up to his office. He felt bad for making me come out in the bad weather, gave me $10 to stop & get lunch, but I have food at home, and went to Salvation Army instead.

Would someone please educate me about SArmy and Goodwill having fabric? Is there a particular section for crafts/sewing, etc.? I've never been in one so I'm totally ignorant but willing to learn. Please?

GailG 10-01-2010 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy11442

Would someone please educate me about SArmy and Goodwill having fabric? Is there a particular section for crafts/sewing, etc.? I've never been in one so I'm totally ignorant but willing to learn. Please?

I have the same question. I have never seen fabric at the Goodwills around here. I have seen sheets, etc on hangers in the "housewares" section, but never yardage.

Dee 10-02-2010 04:17 PM

Good haul. With $ left over you can go a couple more times. What a wonderful exciting day.

mygirl66 10-02-2010 07:26 PM

I have found them with the linens, on hangers. Also, they have a section for crafts, I have found bags of fabric in there as well. If I go to a new one, I just ask, most of the time they are very willing to help you locate what you are looking for! I love giving the fabric a new good home. I also thanked DH for the lunch money when he got home, and told him I had a high fiber lunch! I made him a nice dinner too!

zz-pd 10-02-2010 07:32 PM

thats great, Have fun, and God bless.