Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sampler Quilt Brainstorming (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sampler-quilt-brainstorming-t22037.html)

sewsewquilter 06-29-2009 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by amma
A block with Y seams :wink:

A good one for that might be Attic Windows.

Good one. I was going to suggest it.

Can I come up and take your class. :D

sandpat 06-29-2009 05:15 PM

Rag quilt techniques??? Maybe the curved piecing like on Quilter 1962's Mexican Star quilt??

And I wanna come take your class too!

Quilting Aggi 06-30-2009 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

A good one for that might be Attic Windows.

Good one. I was going to suggest it.

Can I come up and take your class. :D

Absoutley!! yourself and Sandpat come on up!!! I am getting new track lighting installed this afternoon so there will be a ton more light!

sandpat 06-30-2009 02:59 AM

Getting outta this heat for ANY reason sounds great just now...It sure would be fun to make a sample quilt for your class in that wonderful new room of yours!

Quilting Aggi 06-30-2009 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Getting outta this heat for ANY reason sounds great just now...It sure would be fun to make a sample quilt for your class in that wonderful new room of yours!

Thanks Sandpat!! I am having alot of fun in my new room. I'll have even more fun tonight when I get my track lights put in and a lot more light!

As for the heat, well you should DEFINETELY head up here.. we are having a little cold spurt right now. I think it was 8 degrees celcius around 6am this morning when I took Alexi out for her pee. I think it will be going only to 17 today. brrrrrrrrr... It's suppose to rain tomorrow afternoon so I don't think I'll be taking in any of the Canada Day festivities around here. It might be a good day off to start working on that sampler!

Ninnie 06-30-2009 04:05 AM

That is a great one!!
They still scare me and I shy away from them :shock: :shock:

Mrs. Mel 06-30-2009 04:53 AM

Oh man, this sounds like it is going to be a great class. I wished I lived a little closer!! :(

Quilting Aggi 06-30-2009 04:54 AM

Thanks so much for all your wonderful suggestions!!!

I knew this would be the best place to get some heads together to brainstorm with me!

I knew if I sent this out with the thought "if you were to take a sampler course, what would you want to learn" I would get some great ideas!

I have a little more idea what and how I'm going to do this project.

I promise to keep you all posted!!!

If you can think of anything else, just send it this way, or send me a PM

Cheers!

Ninnie 06-30-2009 04:56 AM

maybe a paper pieced one, I still can't do them.

Quilting Aggi 06-30-2009 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
maybe a paper pieced one, I still can't do them.

Paper piecing is quite easy actually. I do have plans to make a paper piece block too :)