Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Santa's quilting gift list... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/santas-quilting-gift-list-t207605.html)

alisonquilts 12-04-2012 07:11 AM

I have asked for a pair of Machingers gloves for machine quilting, and of course for time "off" to quilt!

Alison

quiltstringz 12-04-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5696807)
I asked for specialty threads and sewing tools. No one wants to buy those items for me. They all asked for other sugestions. It is sad when no one listens when you tell them what you really want. Guess I'll be my own Santa Claus.

Maybe it is because they don't feel comfortable picking those items out. If you have a shop that you would use to purchase those items maybe suggest a Gift Certificate to it so you can choose your own.

mrsponcho1 12-04-2012 07:40 AM

I had been looking and researching the Janome Horizon 7700 for quite awhile and finally purchased one, just before Thanksgiving. Now, if I only had time to sew - I have been working on hand quilting a hand pieced quilt top that my grandmother gave to my ds and ddil. Would like to finish this by Christmas so I can finish another one of her hand pieced tops for my other ds and ddil - that I started late 2005 or early 2006 - life just keeps getting in the way...... I have played with new machine but no projects yet.

gail-r 12-04-2012 07:40 AM

Dear Santa, Please bring me a fat stash of fabric and a skinny body for Christmas and please don't get them confused. I have been mostly good. Gail

EdieClay 12-04-2012 07:46 AM

I am blessed because my adult son called my favorite LQS to purchase a gift card for me for Christmas several years ago. They were so thrilled that he called that they gave him a "dude" discount of 10%. Needless to say, he and my daughter have gone in together for the last several years and given me a big gift card from my LQS. I love it and it is quick and easy for them.

TinaRibena 12-04-2012 07:50 AM

As a newbie to quilting, with an extremely well trained husband, I'm hoping for a few small items in my stocking; acrylic rulers and stuff. I already have a rotary cutter and mat and basic sewing things; is there anything else that I should suggest?

gail-r 12-04-2012 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by TinaRibena (Post 5697908)
As a newbie to quilting, with an extremely well trained husband, I'm hoping for a few small items in my stocking; acrylic rulers and stuff. I already have a rotary cutter and mat and basic sewing things; is there anything else that I should suggest?

Maybe some marking pens, long quilting straight pins, small pair of scissors and a good seam ripper. Machinigers if you plan to do FMQ.

jlm5419 12-04-2012 08:03 AM

I have an Amazon wish list, which I forwarded to dh. I also discovered you can search for other's wish list by email address, so was able to see what some others would like.

TinaRibena 12-04-2012 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by gail-r (Post 5697935)
Maybe some marking pens, long quilting straight pins, small pair of scissors and a good seam ripper. Machinigers if you plan to do FMQ.

oh yes marking pens would be good, thank you! I seem to have already acquired long pins, can't think why, and the others are part of my dressmaking stash.

maminstl 12-04-2012 09:26 AM

I am my own Santa, so bought myself a new sewing machine over the Thanksgiving weekend, and am continuing the spirit of giving (to me) of buying whatever fabric I want. Can't have a new machine without plenty of stuff to sew, says I. I am a frugal person by nature, so when the spending mood grabs me, I go full tilt for a few weeks before coming back to earth. My family does not exchange gifts except for the little ones, so I don't really spend any money. This year I made gifts for the kids, and since I already had the fabric, I call that free.