Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sarnia Ontario neighbors........ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sarnia-ontario-neighbors-t288552.html)

calla 05-27-2017 07:48 AM

Sarnia Ontario neighbors........

Wanting some Canada themed fabric, suggestions for shops in Sarnia. I'm only one hour away.........thanks for suggestions....calla/Sue

dunster 05-27-2017 10:45 AM

What I've learned on my travels since I became a quilter is that the same fabric is available everywhere (although one shop may specialize in southwest patterns, another in reproductions, etc.), but you can often find wonderful patterns by local designers that you won't find elsewhere.

Tartan 05-27-2017 11:17 AM

Most quilt Canadian shops are carrying Canada 150 anniversary fabric this year.

GEMRM 05-27-2017 04:27 PM

I don't know the Sarnia area shops, but in London (about another hour from Sarnia) there is a really nice one called Joyce's Sewing Shop. It's on Wortley Road, in an area called Wortley Village. Very nice shop and a nice neighbourhood as well.
http://www.joycessewingshop.com/

This is the link to their shop. They have a special block for Canada 150 and they also carry many of the special Canada 150 fabrics as well as others.

QuiltE 05-29-2017 04:23 AM

Likewise, I am not from the Sarnia area, but can offer these suggestions ..... you could create yourself a nice little personalized Shop Hop! :)

Len's Mills in London also has a good selection of 150th fabrics.

The Marsh Store in Coldstream, just outside of London will have them too.
A few years ago when I was there they had some unique and wonderful Canadian batiks, so they might have them again/still.

Sew Creative in Mount Brydges would be another that will have what you are looking for.

There are several different manufacturers that have put out Canadian fabrics for the 150th, and most stores are carrying more than one of the lines, if not all. Good Luck ... and hope you come on across the border and find the fabrics you want!

GEMRM 05-29-2017 05:03 AM

I forgot about The Marsh Store - it's wonderful. Set in a beautiful old house, it's not as far as London from Sarnia. I've seen the Mt Brydges quilt shop displays at quilt shows and they look nice too....

QuiltE 05-29-2017 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 7833346)
I forgot about The Marsh Store - it's wonderful. Set in a beautiful old house, it's not as far as London from Sarnia. I've seen the Mt Brydges quilt shop displays at quilt shows and they look nice too....

........... yes, The Marsh is ever-so inviting because of its setting, and the old house which once was a general store. It's so nice that they have kept the historical charm including the high ceilings, creaking wood floors and some of the old fixtures. But oh my, the amount of inventory! Quilters heaven, for sure! :)

CanukNana 05-29-2017 07:20 AM

Sarnia area shop

Originally Posted by calla (Post 7832345)
Wanting some Canada themed fabric, suggestions for shops in Sarnia. I'm only one hour away.........thanks for suggestions....calla/Sue

There is a very nice shop in Wyoming Ontario about 10 minutes east of Sarnia it is called Stitcherie 569 Broadway Street 519 -845-0768 . The ladies there are very helpful it is the closest shop to Port Huron Mi that i know of.

QuiltE 05-29-2017 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by CanukNana (Post 7833456)
There is a very nice shop in Wyoming Ontario about 10 minutes east of Sarnia it is called Stitcherie 569 Broadway Street 519 -845-0768 . The ladies there are very helpful it is the closest shop to Port Huron Mi that i know of.

Is there one in Goderich still?
I think it was called Quilters on the Square.
I was in it years ago, and quite liked it, but have not been back that way to check it out in recent times.

calla 05-29-2017 08:11 AM

I appreciate the suggestions.........thank you all.......