Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Saturday Sewing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/saturday-sewing-t206240.html)

GrannieAnnie 11-17-2012 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim (Post 5663280)
Is anyone spending at least part of the day sewing today?
I have been so busy lately, and finally have a free weekend.
Cleaning and laundry are waiting for tomorrow.
I did some work around the house this morning, but
this afternoon I have been spending sewing. Needed to '
take a quick break to give my eyes and neck a break.
Am working on some Christmas presents for family and
friends.

Hope others are finding time to sew today too!

I'm making a sweatshirt jacket for my older DD's neighbor girl. It's going to have a woven fabric edge on the fronts, two different sized yo-yo's and 4 folded diamond patches. Got all the fabric cut-------------still have not decided on what color sweatshirt to use. DD thinks hot pink or teal and I'm leaning toward forest green.

GrannieAnnie 11-17-2012 02:44 PM

oh and making a super easy glasses case (more a protector) for my reading glasses in my purse.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-17-2012 03:02 PM

Sewing blocks together for my double wedding ring.

kathdavis 11-17-2012 03:24 PM

Been making my meatballs and sauce to freeze for three Christmas family dinners. Trying to get a jump start on the holidays. I'm done now and need to embroidery a label for a quilt and finish some Winding Road blocks. I can't wait to get to my sewing machine.

Elise1 11-17-2012 05:46 PM

I worked on Judy Niemeyer's Indian Summer quilt pattern. I got the center section together and was somewhat disappointed in the look. Then I layed out the 120 piece border and WOW! Now the quilt looks great. Fun day for me.

joyce888 11-17-2012 05:50 PM

I actually finished up 10 pillowcases I had started. Will work on BOM tomorrow.

patchsamkim 11-17-2012 05:55 PM

Sounds like lots of us got to do some sewing or quilting. Thanks for sharing what you did today!

pattypurple 11-17-2012 06:11 PM

I've spent most of the last to days at machine embroidery classes. Figured since I have all my Christmas presents bought and wrapped ready for delivery next week, that I could have time for classes and enjoying myself.

Gennynut 11-17-2012 06:16 PM

Yes, finished a small wallhanging that is a Christmas gift for my Sister. Friday I finished my 12 Days of Christmas Wallhanging. Had an 18 item unfinished list. I Eliminated 2 off the list. So now only 14 to go!! I need a Tee Shirt that says "Queen of Unfinished Projects"

117becca 11-17-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by sandyl (Post 5663322)
I was working on a wall hanging for a gift till I sewed thru my finger. ouch. So, I quit for awhile and now watching OSU vs. WI. football.

I was sewing and watching the game, too. I did age about 100 yrs watching that game - and it's a good thing that i had my grays covered last weekend, because I'm sure that i got about 100 more gray hairs, too!!!!

I'm making this quilt that takes about 25 min to make each block....I don't know why I figured that out, and kinda wish I didn't know that bit of info??? LOL!!