Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   School supplies for quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/school-supplies-quilting-t281421.html)

EloiseW. 08-18-2016 02:11 PM

Thanks to Sharon Schamber, washable school liquid glue is on my list.

Onebyone 08-18-2016 02:17 PM

I buy a lot of packages of printer paper, sheet protectors, and the colored folders. I use a lot of those. I think the glue sticks and washable glue are too inexpensive at regular price to stock up much. I bought 300 packages of Crayola Crayons when they were .10 a pack of 24! at Walmart a long time ago. I have given out new packages of crayons to trick or treaters for years. LOL

cashs_mom 08-18-2016 06:23 PM

I don't use school supplies that much but my husband is a draftsman and I do use drafting paper for pattern tracing and his old colored pencils and drafting curves for drawing. Now everything is computerized but even that has its pluses. He can make me graph paper with any size squares I want.

Jim 08-18-2016 11:52 PM

I use hard plastic pencil cases (about 6x8) to hold small scissors, containers of pins, pencils, pens, markers and a smaller soft plastic pencil case that holds two of my rotary cutters and a few seam rippers...I am still using the first one I ever bought but have 4 or 5 more just for backups...also they have hard plastic pencils cases that snap and have a small pull out drawer that I also use for rotary cutters. And of course graft paper or spiral notebooks for pattern making and notes(I just bought 10 at 17 cents each), crayons, bottles of glue, glue sticks, colored pencils, pencils and markers. I always stock up at before school bargain prices. I keep a tote just for school supplies in our quilt room.

redstilettos 08-19-2016 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7630401)
I buy a lot of packages of printer paper, sheet protectors, and the colored folders. I use a lot of those. I think the glue sticks and washable glue are too inexpensive at regular price to stock up much. I bought 300 packages of Crayola Crayons when they were .10 a pack of 24! at Walmart a long time ago. I have given out new packages of crayons to trick or treaters for years. LOL

We don't get a lot of treaters anymore living out in the country, but this is a GREAT idea! And the local dentist probably thanks you, too!

mac 08-19-2016 09:18 AM

Great ideas, Rob, for the index cards.

caspharm 08-19-2016 02:14 PM

I have mechanical pencils and graph composition books. I have bought glue sticks and Sharpies.

mom-6 08-19-2016 05:27 PM

This past weekend I got glue sticks, graph paper, zip bags (all sizes), G2 pens (for designing and general use), black sharpies for marking on the zip bags.
Had already gotten color pencils and a pencil box.
Still need to get a new set of color markers.

QuiltnLady1 08-19-2016 05:37 PM

Graph paper, glue sticks. pencil cases. black sharpies. liquid glue, graph paper (composition books or spiral bound).

IrishgalfromNJ 08-19-2016 07:38 PM

I buy several plastic pencil boxes each year. I have to secure all my machine accessories because I have two very nosy cats so I use the pencil boxes for my sewing machine feet, bobbins, and other accessories. Each machine has one or two and they are labeled so you know which boxes go with which machine. I also keep an assortment of seam rippers, stillettos, screw drivers, and brushes in one of these boxes so it's handy while I'm sewing.