Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Scrappy Material (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/scrappy-material-t47362.html)

beginnerquilter 05-28-2010 05:16 AM

I went to my Guild Meeting on Tuesday Night of this past week and we had a full house of Quilters too. It was packed. We had a lady that came and she told us how to be better organized, what to do with our scraps of material, and how to store them, and all of that.

So with that in mind - I spent part of Wednesday and yesterday going through my bag of strips scraps. I sat down on my living room floor with my cutting mat and my rotary cutters, and I took most of those strips and I cut them up into different size rectangles, squares. I left some strips as they were. Than I put them in the small Zip Lock Bags and I have 15 Zip Lock Bags worth of Squares/rectangles to make 15 Quilts out of them or Pillows.

As soon as I get my Guild Christmas Exchange Quilt done than I am going to start making a Quilt from one of my Zip Lock Bags. There is this pretty blue material with different colors of Stars on the material. It is so pretty...so I am going to make that one first. I have enough squares cut out that I can make a good size Quilt out of it. Of course I'm going to be adding other color of material in there too that will sort of match the stars but something lighter though.

I am having way too much fun doing this.

I am going to start working on my Christmas Exchange Quilt this next week and continue to working on my Purple Scrappy Quilt as well too.

MamaBear61 05-28-2010 05:24 AM

Sounds like you are having a good time while getting organized. Be sure to show us your projects.

sewcrafty 05-28-2010 05:36 AM

You sound sound excited!! That's wonderful!! :D :D Have fun and enjoy! :-D

sueisallaboutquilts 05-28-2010 05:40 AM

What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing and continue to have FUN!!! :D

dkabasketlady 05-28-2010 05:52 AM

I wish I was that organized with all my scraps! I don't seem motivated enough to do it! After reading this, if you can do it then so can I. Thanks!!

pollyjvan9 05-28-2010 05:57 AM

My problem is that I organize then I start a scrap quilt and before I know it everything is everywhere! And I swear those scraps are multiplying in my utility room. I always seem to end up with more than what I started with!

Looking forward to seeing what you make out of your scraps. I am going to try to post some pictures of my latest scrappy quilt this weekend. I used the pattern that is on the front of the AP&Q Vol 17 #8.

sharon b 05-28-2010 06:04 AM

Isn't it great when you get motivated and follow thru with it :thumbup: Sounds like the guild meeting was what you needed for the jump start :lol: Can't wait to see the quilts you make with your new organized stash :thumbup:

CarrieAnne 05-28-2010 06:09 AM

I really need to organize better. My excuse is lack of time, but I know I really could save time if Iknew where stuff was!

littlehud 05-28-2010 06:22 AM

Mine aren't nearly that organized. Sounds like a very productive day.

amma 05-28-2010 07:46 AM

What a great way to get organized :D:D:D
I can't wait to see the quilts you make out of your scrap bags!!!