Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Scraps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/scraps-t295289.html)

WMUTeach 03-08-2018 03:53 AM

I have plenty of scraps but one of the local, well almost local, quilt guild yearly quilt shows sells scraps for a dollar a bag. The provide one of those kiddie wading pools full of scraps and you can pick and choose stuffing your bag with what you want.

A popular feature of their event.

QuiltnNan 03-08-2018 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by copycat (Post 8017175)
I went to a Quilt Show and a guild had a large Tub of scraps for sell. A gallon zip lock bag could be filled for $1.
A thrift store is a good place to find fabric at great prices or recycling clothing works for quilts also.

my friend and I have been known to spend a bit of time at the scrap pool. just a hint... if you roll the scraps tightly, you can fit more vertically in the bag!

christinelf 03-08-2018 11:48 AM

Definitely check out local guilds. My guild has a table and you can bring in anything you want to move along; fabric, books, kits, yarn, patterns, blocks that are odds and ends you don’t want any more. I have been able to pick up scraps of colors I rarely use, but sometimes need just a bit of. And one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. We also have a “garage sale” once a year, where you can bring in your extra and misc things, and the guild gets the money to use for charity work, books for our guild library and such.

CaroleLee 03-08-2018 08:34 PM

You can find bags of scraps at second hand stores, yard sales and estate sales. Start looking and you will acquire more than you ever thought you would have. Have fun

Rhonda 03-08-2018 08:47 PM

Most of my work is scrappy! I get lots of scraps sent to me from friends who don't use their scraps. What size is the smallest you can use? I will happily send you scraps. You can pm me and you can send me your address. It depends on if I have what you want. I get alot of stuff given to me that I can't use so i am happy to share.

as others have said I make my own scraps when I do a project so I don't throw anything away.

Aurora 03-11-2018 12:53 PM

I frequently cut my larger scraps into 2.5, 3.5 squares, 2.5, 3.5 strips. Smaller pieces go to a fellow quilter who does collage pieces. Extremely large pieces are put back into my stash for future projects. Some of my first favorite fabric purchases have appeared in several projects and are becoming limited.

stitch678 03-11-2018 05:26 PM

Yard sales!

Misspurpleshoes 03-12-2018 01:56 PM

Hi I'm happy to send you some scraps I'm in Uk what colour pallet do you want?

eyes 03-13-2018 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 8016824)
One of my local quilt shops sells bags of remnants for only $4/bag. I've also had luck on eBay and Etsy by typing "cotton fabric remnants" into the search slot. You can refine that search by adding "pink", for instance, or "floral". My latest find was from Etsy where I got a 6-yard x 8" length of beautiful Asian fabric for less than $4 + $2.99 shipping.

I built my stash by buying on Ebay and Etsy! I love scrap bags of reproduction fabric scraps.

Claire123 03-13-2018 10:16 PM

Check with Hancock's of Paducah.