Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   In search of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/search-t181753.html)

Jackie Spencer 03-05-2012 11:10 AM

In search of

a 6 inch finished block called bear paw! I have been to all the free block pattern sites and no one has it in a 6 in. I do n ot have an EQ program so I can not draft my own. I really dont want to paper piece it either. I like to piece by hand so would'nt mind templates. Hope one of you talented ladies can help me. thank you thank you

Deb watkins 03-05-2012 11:20 AM

In Eleanor Burns Underground Railroad - there is a 6 inch block of Bear's Paw.

QuiltingCrazie 03-05-2012 12:08 PM

I was insearch of the same and I found it I'm on the wrong laptop it's saved in the other. Are you just wanting the one bearpaw or the four that make the whole block? Let me know! I'm doing a bear paw quilt as well

dunster 03-05-2012 12:13 PM

The problem doing it in 6" is that the bear paw traditionally consists of 7 equal sections, and so it is most easily done with 7" or 14" blocks. Sometimes the center portion is increased so it is 8". If you must make it as a 6" block you will be dealing with measurements of 1/8 and 1/16", and even then they will not be quite accurate since 6" isn't divided by 7 nicely.

romanojg 03-05-2012 02:32 PM

I'm at work so I don't have access and my daughter has my pc at her house but I'm pretty sure it's in EQ7. If any of you are at home you can check.

GrannieAnnie 03-05-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5033619)
a 6 inch finished block called bear paw! I have been to all the free block pattern sites and no one has it in a 6 in. I do n ot have an EQ program so I can not draft my own. I really dont want to paper piece it either. I like to piece by hand so would'nt mind templates. Hope one of you talented ladies can help me. thank you thank you

Dumb question? Are you aware that you'll be dealing with 29 pieces, most less than 1" when finished for a 6 " block?

Is a 6" block absolutely necessary?

juanita's kid 03-05-2012 03:28 PM

6 inche bear claw

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5033619)

There is a pattern in the underground railroad quilt book.

Jackie Spencer 03-05-2012 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5034293)
Dumb question? Are you aware that you'll be dealing with 29 pieces, most less than 1" when finished for a 6 " block?

Is a 6" block absolutely necessary?

Yes I know but a six inch is what I need.

Jan in VA 03-06-2012 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5034942)
Yes I know but a six inch is what I need.

Are you referring to "one " paw as a six inch??

Jan in VA