Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seeking Advice on Longarm Purchase (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seeking-advice-longarm-purchase-t318839.html)

annabanana7 08-03-2022 09:42 AM

Seeking Advice on Longarm Purchase

Hello,
I'm about to make the jump from home/hobby long arm to commercial long arm. I'm getting rid of a Q'nique 21 Pro and can't decide between two machines.

Basically if anyone can share their experiences or knowledge related to these two machines, I would really appreciate it. I had a horrible experience with the Q'nique and do not want to take a financial loss again.

The Bernina Q24 with Qmatic software. This would be from the dealer from which I purchased the Q'nique and he will give me the most on my trade in. He's also an hour and a half closer than the other dealer with the other machine. My hesitation is that the Bernina quilts pretty slow under automation and has 2200 spm, where the other has 3000 spm.

The other option is an Innova Classic 26 with Auto Pilot. I will get about 60% of what the other dealer committed on trade-in, but the overall package will be less by about $5 grand or so. This dealer is 3 hours away, but they are extremely responsive and insist that most issues can be handled over the phone.

This machine will be used for my personal quilting and a light-medium load of customer longarming. I will be trying out both of these machines in person tomorrow. I understand it's a personal choice with how the machine feels for me, but I also wanted to know about any personal experiences/knowledge.

Thank you!!

newbee3 08-03-2022 10:13 AM

I would suggest you try both machines and choose the one you like the best.

tallchick 08-03-2022 10:15 AM

I went from a HQ Fusion with the robotics to a Innova 32 in with Autopilot Mach 3 software and the Embroidery software as well. All I can say is if it were me, I would go with an Innova! They are very user friendly, and IMHO very straightforward to use. If you encounter any issues they can usually be resolved by yourself with help from a technician via phone. Tech support is 24/7/365, and there is a reason you don’t have local dealers that service Innova’s, it because they are are reliable and even the timing can be done by yourself.

There are a ton of YouTube videos that teach and show how to use all the wonderful features and it has the most beautiful stitch! While no doubt Bernina makes a lovely machine, I don’t think they surpass the others that are in the Longarm lineup. Do spend some time playing with one if you have the opportunity. Good luck and let us know which one you choose!

annabanana7 08-03-2022 01:41 PM

Thank you!

cathyvv 08-03-2022 02:38 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience with Q'nique. I've had no problems with mine. Go to fb pages for the machine/brands you are looking at. You can ask questions and see responses or posts talking about the good, the bad and the ugly about the machines you are considering.

sewingpup 08-03-2022 04:28 PM

Of the two, I would go with the Innova. They are a solid machine. When I got my 26-inch longarm on a 12-foot frame, I decided it would either be an Innova or an APQS. I ended up with a demo APQS Lucey and I am very satisfied with it. No robotics but very easy to move and good support. The Lucey was less than the Innova as they had just come out and there was no demo or used ones. I would recommend trying what you buy and also if you have a dealer who is closer to you that comes in handy. It is bit of a hassle to try take a large machine off the frame and ship it somewhere. That was another reason for the APQS as I have local dealer and tech.

annabanana7 08-03-2022 04:50 PM

Lucky you!! Demos are hard to come by. We have the AQS coming to Grand Rapids in a couple weeks. I’ll be able to look at other machines there.

annabanana7 08-03-2022 04:52 PM

Every once in a while, there’s a lemon out there…. Great idea on the FB search. I should have thought of that!

cindi 08-04-2022 01:47 AM

Definitely the Innova. I am 6 hours away from my Innova dealer, but they can walk me through any problem I have on the phone. And service through the 800 number is literally 24/7. The 800-techs are amazing and can talk you through anything, including installing a new component on your machine. These machines are workhorses, can stitch through anything and run smooth as a hot knife through butter. They don’t need major servicing, you can do everything maintenance-wise at home yourself, and maintenance is minimal. They built these machines so they can be self-serviced and you don’t have to lug it anywhere. It may be a bit more $$, but the peace of mind is worth it! There is also an Innova Longarm FB page that is incredible and has tons of information from users, and dealers answer questions there, too.

sewingpup 08-04-2022 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by annabanana7 (Post 8561985)
Lucky you!! Demos are hard to come by. We have the AQS coming to Grand Rapids in a couple weeks. I’ll be able to look at other machines there.

Good! Sometimes they offer deals at those demos! Also, they have "demo" sales a couple of times a year. My friend bought a demo as did I. I am envious though of her Lucky because she also got a couple of freebies with hers like the autoadvance. Oh, and if you do end up liking the APQS, I would recommend one with the "bliss" feature. This makes the machine head easier to move on the frame. I can drive my Lucy with one finger. well actually one hand works better if I want to make a quilting design!