Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seeking Song Titles/Lyrics for collage quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seeking-song-titles-lyrics-collage-quilt-t88321.html)

cctx. 01-08-2011 10:19 AM

"Spirit in the sky" by Norman Greenbaum and "Blue Bird" by Paul McCartney/Wings.

klgreene 01-08-2011 10:31 AM

"Heal the World" Michael Jackson
Heal the World make it a better place.
For you and for me and the entire human race.

happyscrappy 01-08-2011 10:36 AM

WAY DOWN by John Prine . . . Spring is just a smile away, Laughing at a summer day, Turn around look at fall, Winter hear my lonely call.

happyscrappy 01-08-2011 10:44 AM

DEAR PRUDENCE by the Beatles . . . The sun is up, The sky is blue, It's beautiful and so are you.
Note: i designed and made a king size quilt, all in shades of whites/off whites/beiges, for my daughter as a wedding quilt, and i quilted alot of "love" sayings on it, then quilted a large portion of their wedding song, THE LUCKY ONE, by Ben Folds all around one of the inner borders. it was alot of fun. enjoy. i hope you post this when you are finished.

mommafank 01-08-2011 10:46 AM

Fun reading these--have to think about it a while before offering suggestions.

happyscrappy 01-08-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by tdgiffin
Peace of Mind by Boston

"I understand about indecision , and I don't care about gettin behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have some peace of mind."

This is my all-time favorite rock n roll song. it is about how so many people are caught up in climbing the corporate ladder that they forgot how to live and enjoy their lives.

Rock N Roll Band by Boston

:Rock N Roll band, everybody's waiting.
Get crazy, anticipating,
Love and music, Play, play play!"

This is a song that they wrote and sung when they were beginning to gain popularity. It was about how they felt as they became famous and people wanted to hear them.

thank you very much, now i must get out my boston "album". love that ol scratchity sound!!!

ljgraham 01-08-2011 11:07 AM

It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away

oldswimmer 01-08-2011 11:11 AM

Sometimes at night, I see their faces
I feel the traces they've left on my soul
But those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul
I tell you those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul

Bob Seger
Travelin Man

Maralyn 01-08-2011 11:33 AM

House of the Rising Sun by the Animals

One foot on the platform, one foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans to wear that ball and chain

My husband (an Iowa native)lived in New Orleans when that song was popular. Now he's back in Iowa, where the Big Easy is just a memory.

lalaland 01-08-2011 11:57 AM

I have a few:

Life is so brief and time is a thief when you're undecided - Young Hearts sung by Rod Stewart

Once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart - Total Eclipse of the Heart sung by Bonnie Tyler

I don't care what consequence it brings, I have been a fool for lesser things - Longest Time sung by Billy Joel