Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Senior Moment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/senior-moment-t162074.html)

QuiltnNan 10-21-2011 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wingsofjoy
Yesterday I made mega boo boo. While I was marking a quilt top with a chalk pencil I received a phone call. I answered the phone, had to write down a number, then hung up the phone. I walked back over to my material and before I realized what I was doing I started marking my material with the ink pen I just used. I marked about a half an inch before I realized what I was doing. On white material no less. AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH! Hopefully it will come out.

i'm sorry for the situation. i feel your pain. keeping my fingers crossed that it all comes out.

Rose Marie 10-21-2011 07:13 AM

At 72 my whole life is a senior moment.
I dont have the eyes or the patience I once had.
Have learned that if sewing starts to go wrong its time to quit for awhile.

Barb44 10-21-2011 08:03 AM

Lemon extract. That's the only thing that has ever worked for me. But you will have to place a cloth under your top because the lemon extract will bleed the ink through the fabric. Keep changing the cloth until the ink is all bled out. Be sure it is extract and not flavoring.

clem55 10-21-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
At 72 my whole life is a senior moment.
I dont have the eyes or the patience I once had.
Have learned that if sewing starts to go wrong its time to quit for awhile.

Me too!!LOL

running1 10-21-2011 08:36 AM

Cheap hair spray is the best... it's chemistry, actually... solvents dissolve like solutes (water will dissolve sugar but not oil). The chemical makeup of ink is similar to the solvent in hairspray. It may require a little gentle rubbing, but will most often do the trick.

I once washed an ink pen (that I'd missed hiding in DH's pocket)... on a full load of just-bought clothes following DH's 50lb. weight loss.... and I mean a FULL load... It took me hours to get all the little ink marks that covered the new clothes... but it worked! I would spray, gently rub, rinse, spray, gently rub, rinse, etc....

Good luck! Oh, and don't worry about the senior moment business... I'm afraid it's a common malady!!

katiebear1 10-21-2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by running1
Cheap hair spray is the best... it's chemistry, actually... solvents dissolve like solutes (water will dissolve sugar but not oil). The chemical makeup of ink is similar to the solvent in hairspray. It may require a little gentle rubbing, but will most often do the trick.

I once washed an ink pen (that I'd missed hiding in DH's pocket)... on a full load of just-bought clothes following DH's 50lb. weight loss.... and I mean a FULL load... It took me hours to get all the little ink marks that covered the new clothes... but it worked! I would spray, gently rub, rinse, spray, gently rub, rinse, etc....

Good luck! Oh, and don't worry about the senior moment business... I'm afraid it's a common malady!!

Boy, I think I would have made DH do the cleanup!

Jim's Gem 10-21-2011 12:51 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: Hope it comes out for you!!!

iluvsewing68 10-22-2011 02:42 AM

I've used Tide Release on many stains, even ones that have been set in by washing and drying and have had good results. Not sure if I've used in on ink, but it may be worth a try.

jitkaau 10-22-2011 03:05 AM

Windex.

Jackie Spencer 10-22-2011 03:10 AM

Goo Gone...walmart