Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sensitive question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sensitive-question-t220414.html)

judylg 05-01-2013 04:50 AM

If it were me and I was getting a little upset with the whole situation, I would call and ask for my quilt top and find someone else to do it. She has had it long enough and if she is unhapppy, so be it. She has had ample time to do it, even with a sick person in her life. Maybe I am hard, but sometimes you have to be. Good luck.

piepatch 05-01-2013 04:51 AM

By all means, call her! If she didn't have anything to work on when you took her the quilt, and she has a stack of quilts ahead of yours, she has obviously put your quilt on the back burner. A nice friendly call explaining when and why you need the quilt by a certain time is definitely in order!

LindaR 05-01-2013 05:00 AM

with her stating that she was free to do yours, I would make the call. She shouldn't fee pushed...

wolph33 05-01-2013 05:11 AM

I agree with this.your quilt should have been the top of the pile. Call her and ask what is going on and tell her your time frame.

Originally Posted by judylg (Post 6037455)
If it were me and I was getting a little upset with the whole situation, I would call and ask for my quilt top and find someone else to do it. She has had it long enough and if she is unhapppy, so be it. She has had ample time to do it, even with a sick person in her life. Maybe I am hard, but sometimes you have to be. Good luck.

DianneK 05-01-2013 05:21 AM

I am a longarm quilter..so let me give advice from my side! I WANT my customers to give me a 'need by' date...it is very easy to push quilts aside and do other things when one works from home. A date gives me a goal. If your quilter is upset when you call to see how your quilt is progressing, you have the wrong longarmer. in my opinion.

mike'sgirl 05-01-2013 06:33 AM

I don't think it would be rude. My LAQ has always been very sensitive and nice about getting my quilt back to me in a timely manner. If this lady is not, then I would go get my quilt and take it elsewhere. In a nice way. :)

nativetexan 05-01-2013 06:37 AM

You can still be nice. We all have things come up in life that upsets our schedule. See if you can find another long armer first and then go ask for it back. and the other one if you left it also. good luck.

Nammie to 7 05-01-2013 06:45 AM

I agree with the others - getting a date and price when you drop a quilt off is necessary. Since this didn't happen it wouldn't hurt to call and find out the status of your quilt. Did you get a date on the second one you dropped off? My LAQ and I always discuss dates, price, what sort of quilting I want and the thread to be used.

Dragonomine 05-01-2013 06:56 AM

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! She has no idea it needs to be done by a certain time. Let her know!

bearisgray 05-01-2013 07:03 AM

If it isn't done yet - it may be necessary to also get pricing 'up front' -