Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sent an e-mail to Joanne's Customer Service, let's get this ball rolling (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sent-e-mail-joannes-customer-service-lets-get-ball-rolling-t60830.html)

tdgiffin 08-23-2010 03:53 AM

I jut sent an email asking them about their coupon policies. I told them that I feel that their coupons have very little meaning if I am going in to use one, and the item has already been marked dow for less than what the coupon is worth. I told them that they should ring up the item at the regular price and then take off the 40 or 50%. Let's see what they say.

I do know that Hancock Fabrics will honor Joann's coupons, but I do not know if they play the same game. Do you all know abut that?

Moon Holiday 08-23-2010 04:14 AM

As a member of AQS I have had the VIP discount card for several years, and I am suppose to be able to use the 10% discount in addition to any coupon or sale price.... which I had no problem with when I lived in MA. Since moving to NH I find I cannot use my VIP card if I use a coupon or if the item is on sale, so I no longer rush to JoAnn's when I have a coupon unless I am looking to pick up a particular item (especially since I need to travel 56 miles to get to the nearest JoAnn's).

sahm4605 08-23-2010 04:32 AM

Well I have had a huge fight with Joanns that I am writing letters and speaking with the big manager of the store because I am so mad.
went in on thursday to use the 10 dollar coupon that they gave me. well got a remnant that I liked and a pillow. they said that i couldn't use the remnant because it was clearance, well that wasn't true, there was no where on the card that it said couldn't be used to clearance or red line fabric. went back again on friday and had them split the remnant fabric( which was back on the bolt {rolling eyes) and the pillow and a candy bar, they told me that if I got a candy bar with the pillow that it would work. the manager of the day was a total bleep and was talking to me in a very condescending voice about how he couldn't do that and to add insult to injury the girl who "cut" the fabric for me rang it up as a full yard even though it was not a full yard there was a 2" by 6" triangle cut out of it. I promptly told the manager that they need to make sure that the girls cutting the fabric needed to be more careful about measuring and cutting the fabric. this wasn't the first time i had been shorted on fabric. then he kept telling me to not shout even though I was working very hard to keep my voice level and not scream and cary on. He even told me if I had a problem with the cutting to go back to the cutting table and get it re cut. this after standing in both lines with two kids under 3 for 20 min each. like I am about to stand in both lines again. please. I have two kids that are not happy campers. needless to say, if i go back i wont be worrying about giving my kids snack foods to eat in the cart as i shop. probably not but I can think of all the things i would like to do to that store. I am normaly a very rational person but when you start talking to me like I am a moron and not listening to me and then start to tell me to calm down and lower my voice that is when I snap, especially when it is my second trip to a store for the same items. just thinking about this gets me really really mad.

harrishwhippets 08-23-2010 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
Well I have had a huge fight with Joanns that I am writing letters and speaking with the big manager of the store because I am so mad.
went in on thursday to use the 10 dollar coupon that they gave me. well got a remnant that I liked and a pillow. they said that i couldn't use the remnant because it was clearance, well that wasn't true, there was no where on the card that it said couldn't be used to clearance or red line fabric. went back again on friday and had them split the remnant fabric( which was back on the bolt {rolling eyes) and the pillow and a candy bar, they told me that if I got a candy bar with the pillow that it would work. the manager of the day was a total bleep and was talking to me in a very condescending voice about how he couldn't do that and to add insult to injury the girl who "cut" the fabric for me rang it up as a full yard even though it was not a full yard there was a 2" by 6" triangle cut out of it. I promptly told the manager that they need to make sure that the girls cutting the fabric needed to be more careful about measuring and cutting the fabric. this wasn't the first time i had been shorted on fabric. then he kept telling me to not shout even though I was working very hard to keep my voice level and not scream and cary on. He even told me if I had a problem with the cutting to go back to the cutting table and get it re cut. this after standing in both lines with two kids under 3 for 20 min each. like I am about to stand in both lines again. please. I have two kids that are not happy campers. needless to say, if i go back i wont be worrying about giving my kids snack foods to eat in the cart as i shop. probably not but I can think of all the things i would like to do to that store. I am normaly a very rational person but when you start talking to me like I am a moron and not listening to me and then start to tell me to calm down and lower my voice that is when I snap, especially when it is my second trip to a store for the same items. just thinking about this gets me really really mad.

This made me laugh, even though it is not funny, thinking about this. NO WHERE ELSE am I treated this way when I shop. I must be stupid for always going back. :roll:

Mellina 08-23-2010 04:46 AM

I have 2 JoAnn's in town both about 45 minutes from me. If I want to use a coupon I make sure I buy only 1 item, such as muslin ( I usually get 10 yards or more at a time) or the fusible stuff. That way they can't stiff me and I have to pay more. I am all for this contacting them and I will too.

hobo2000 08-23-2010 05:00 AM

I went to my local JA and find a piece of fabric $1.00 off. OK so I get 2 yards so #2.99 x 2 #5.98. They have always let me use my coupon against the original price so I have 50% coupon off $6.98 would be $3.98. This time he says no I can't use the coupon and because I am not using my coupon the $1.00 per yard doesn't apply either. Talk about a catch 22. So, in other words, in order to use the coupon you must buy something, anything that is not on sale and then get the store discounts on whatever else you buy. I won't be going back to that store, oh yes, during this hassle 4 other ladies laid down all of their items and left.

Annaquilts 08-23-2010 05:17 AM

Haven't been for years. Can't stand the bait and switch coupon thing they got going on and their prices seem way over priced.

janb 08-23-2010 05:18 AM

Never had a problem with JoAnns....in fact, if I forget my coupon, they always give me one anyway....I have ordered fabick on line and been well taken care of. So sorry that so many have had problems. Must be a personnel problem!

raptureready 08-23-2010 05:22 AM

I don't have any problems with the Joann's here. So, next time you're near Neil St. in Champaign, Il., stop in and see them.

amandasgramma 08-23-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by tdgiffin
I jut sent an email asking them about their coupon policies. I told them that I feel that their coupons have very little meaning if I am going in to use one, and the item has already been marked dow for less than what the coupon is worth. I told them that they should ring up the item at the regular price and then take off the 40 or 50%. Let's see what they say.

I do know that Hancock Fabrics will honor Joann's coupons, but I do not know if they play the same game. Do you all know abut that?

Be sure to let us know what they say IF they respond. I'd like to have a copy of that and take it in to our local store. They're moving our JAs to a new location, doubleing the space. It'll be interesting to see how they handle their coupons - if they do things differently.