Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Serger Purchase (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/serger-purchase-t50545.html)

NovisQuilter 06-20-2010 02:18 PM

Well everyone, I took the plunge. I bought my friends Babylock Serger and she is giving me six months to pay for. I don't work in the summer so she said I can make my first payment in October. I already have the machine. Great friend huh. Thanks to everyone again for the great tips and advice. The machine cost $500. That's the good news. The bad news is I tore a tenden in my middle finger, had surgery and won't be driving or sewing until August. By the way it is my right middle finger and I am right handed. Am I going through sewing/quilting withdrawal. This forum is the only thing keeping me sane (sp). I could post a picture of my finger but I would like keep my quilting friends. :-)

sharon b 06-20-2010 02:20 PM

LOL Thanks we appreciate your consideration :thumbup:

So sorry you can't sew , makes for a long summer. But think of all the planning you can do :lol:

bearisgray 06-20-2010 02:24 PM

Sorry about the injury.

You might become a lot more adept at using your left hand if/when you get desperate enough to try doing some things. :?

clem55 06-20-2010 02:27 PM

Had sort of the samething a few years ago, but I didnt have to have surgery, just wear a finger/hand brace for about 6 weeks. Not much fun is it? Of course, it was sort of fun holding up that finger at times!LOL Hope you don't have any problems. Have you started therapy for it? I can move my finger around like it is triple jointed!! Grandkids think it is so funny.

NovisQuilter 06-20-2010 02:30 PM

Using your left hand is a little tricky, especially when going to the bathroom :-)

NovisQuilter 06-20-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Had sort of the samething a few years ago, but I didnt have to have surgery, just wear a finger/hand brace for about 6 weeks. Not much fun is it? Of course, it was sort of fun holding up that finger at times!LOL Hope you don't have any problems. Have you started therapy for it? I can move my finger around like it is triple jointed!! Grandkids think it is so funny.

Started therapy three weeks ago. I have six more weeks.

craftybear 06-20-2010 09:22 PM

sorry to hear about your injury, take care of yourself

glad you bought the serger, have fun!

tmg 06-21-2010 04:01 AM

Happy you bought the serger. :-D Sad about your finger. :(

littlehud 06-21-2010 08:47 PM

I'm sorry about your injury but happy about your new baby. Oh, please don't show us the injury. Tee hee.

quilting memaw 06-22-2010 02:49 AM

Congrats on your new machine! So sorry about the finger. Cut my index left hand finger with a cutter one day. They glued it together! LOL....expensive glue. 85 bucks for just one tube....look at the bright side......now you can look for more patterns, shop for the fabric, and get ready to sew!