Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sew Perfect vs. Sew-Ezi vs. Gidget I or II Tables (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sew-perfect-vs-sew-ezi-vs-gidget-i-ii-tables-t303649.html)

cmw0829 03-17-2019 09:07 AM

Sew Perfect vs. Sew-Ezi vs. Gidget I or II Tables

Hello everybody,

I am setting up my sewing room in our new house and looking for a table to put my embroidery machine on. The embroidery machine and its embroidery unit weigh 44 pounds and I am concerned about vibration when it's running.

A lot of you have posted enthusiastically about the Sew-Ezi and Gidget tables. I don't need portability. I also don't need a machine platform in the table for the machine, thus the Sew Perfect embroidery table is perfect but very pricy - it would be 2 to 3 times the price of the Sew-Ezi and Gidget. I could just raise up the machine platform to level on these two.

I wonder if any of you could comment on how stable they'd be for my situation.

Thanks,
Cathy

cashs_mom 03-17-2019 10:05 AM

I don't know about the Gidget tables, but for the Sew-Ezi, you would probably have to order the extra support to make it stable and steady enough. Since you don't need the machine to set down in the table, have you thought about just buying one of the metal all purpose tables from Office Depot (if they still carry them) or a used office furniture outlet? I have several I bought back in the day from an used office furniture outlet and they last forever and are very steady. I think I paid $20 each for them. The catch is that you have to get the metal ones with the laminated top. The new lightweight ones with the molded plastic tops probably won't work for you, thus I suggested a used office furniture outlet.

Dolphyngyrl 03-17-2019 11:57 AM

Gidget you can. I do it all the time when I switch to embroidery

joyce888 03-17-2019 01:46 PM

I put mine on a 1" finished plywood which was cut to fit across two - 2 drawer filing cabinets. I did put my file cabinets on legs due to my sitting height. Cost - file cabinets (goodwill) $8. each, - paint for cabinets and wood top $6 - Feet for cabinets (made from craft wood objects) $10 BYW I love it!

Onebyone 03-17-2019 04:49 PM

I have the Gidget, the one with no wheels. It's very sturdy. Too heavy to be portable.

MaggieLou 03-18-2019 05:09 AM

I have an executive desk I bought at Restore for about $15. It's solid wood and very heavy. I don't have any problem using my emb. machine on it.

feffertim 03-18-2019 08:06 AM

I have two sew perfect tables, I have had them both for a few years and they are wonderful. I know they are a little expensive, but they will last you for ever and you do get what you pay for. They are extremely sturdy, no vibration at all, they are also height adjustable, and you can get cut outs to fit your machine so you can sink it so its level with the table. cant say enough good about these tables, sew perfect indeed. Go for it, you won't regret it

hobbykat1955 03-18-2019 10:19 AM

I have the Gidget 1 and 2...use both w/my embroidery machines and very sturdy no vibrations...The Gidget 2 has wheels but not on the legs...When you fold it up it has wheels so you can pull it instead of having to lift and carry like Gidget 1.

Lady Diana 03-19-2019 02:49 AM

The Sew EZ are designed for portability, mainly for sewing and quilting. It is not sturdy enough for a 44 lb machine to do embroidery. With embroidery you need strong, sturdy, solid support due to the movement by the machine. I would go with the Gidget too.

grann of 6 03-19-2019 03:54 AM

I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond and would not put it on a portable table. I know it would vibrate like crazy when embroidering. I have it on my built-in countertop in my sewing studio. I have a Gidget II and a Sew Ezi table and find they do vibrate with a heavier machine on them when sewing at a faster pace. A sturdy kitchen table or something along that line would be my choice for an embroidery machine.