Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   SewEzi Table Janome MC6600 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewezi-table-janome-mc6600-t206970.html)

Writergrrl 11-26-2012 07:01 AM

SewEzi Table Janome MC6600

Does anyone use a SewEzi table with their Janome 6600? I've just ordered and the knee lift doesn't work at all with it. It bumps into the leg and can't be extended. I actually e-mailed and asked this question and was reassured by "Barbara" that the table had been redesigned for "maximum extension" with the knee lift.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm very annoyed because I've paid $249 plus $35 shipping and possibly have a table I can't use...

Dolphyngyrl 11-26-2012 07:09 AM

Can you useyour machine without the knee lift in. That would be what I do. A knee lift is an added perk but not necessary to use the machine. The table is still functional

Writergrrl 11-26-2012 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 5680692)
Can you useyour machine without the knee lift in. That would be what I do. A knee lift is an added perk but not necessary to use the machine. The table is still functional

With all due respect, do you know how much the Janomes cost? "Added perk" is an understatement... :-)

Has anyone else found a way to use their knee lift with the table? I've heard there is an adjustable attachment I can buy (sigh) but I can't find where it is for sale online so I don't know added cost...

snipforfun 11-26-2012 07:34 AM

Once you are used to the knee lift, its a must have. Thats one of the reasons I bought the 6600!

Writergrrl 11-26-2012 07:44 AM

SewEzi has responded to my complaint by asserting that the Janome 6600 has a manufacturer's defect that "Janome has recognized." If that is the case, then why would they say the table is compatible with the machine's knee lift??

I'm two seconds away from a consumer complaint about SewEzi. I really hope we can resolve this. I'll keep you updated.

sewingsuz 11-26-2012 07:49 AM

I have another kind of table that I have had the same problem with my 440 EQ bernina. My husband is going to drill a hole in the table so I can use my knee lift. It is a pain, I agree. You should complain and get your money back. No one does the right thing now days and it is getting worse.

quiltstringz 11-26-2012 08:29 AM

I would definitely ask for a refund and for them to pay the return shipping. You should not be out anything, you asked they answered no problem

vondae 11-26-2012 09:15 AM

I agree with quiltstringz, they should be doing everything possible to make you happy. Even if that means a refund. Do you still have the notification where "Barbara" told you that it was compatible? If so I would be reminding them of that. You may have to be a little forceful with them. A little arm twisting may be needed to get what you need. I hope that you can come to an agreement without to much more trouble. Good luck. I will be anxious to hear what happens.

jcrow 11-26-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Writergrrl (Post 5680739)
SewEzi has responded to my complaint by asserting that the Janome 6600 has a manufacturer's defect that "Janome has recognized." If that is the case, then why would they say the table is compatible with the machine's knee lift??

I'm two seconds away from a consumer complaint about SewEzi. I really hope we can resolve this. I'll keep you updated.

Can you send it back? I love my knee lift and wouldn't give that up for anything. You spent so much money for the table and if it makes it so your knee lift doesn't work, I would return it.

LyndaOH 11-26-2012 10:37 AM

Just curious - how old is your 6600? Janome did come out with a fix for the knee lift but depending on when you bought it, it may not have been included with your machine.

I completely agree that SewEzi should not only refund you the price of the table and shipping both ways, but they should put a notice on their site that only some versions of the 6600 are compatible so no one else has this issue.