Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing a Finger (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-finger-t51595.html)

Elizabeth-Liz 06-27-2010 08:04 AM

Just got started today fmq on the final parts of my quilt, got the bottom bunched, so I have to take it out. So I decided to quilt the other side. Just got started and somehow got my index finger on my left hand in the darning foot. It went through the side of my finger and finger nail and broke my needle. Taking a break for a few. Will go back after I have had something to eat.

sweet 06-27-2010 08:05 AM

Ouch!!!

hazeljane 06-27-2010 08:05 AM

It's not really a quilt unless it has blood on it!

sharon b 06-27-2010 08:37 AM

:shock: OH NO :shock: Hope you are feeling better ... and take care of that finger

Farmer Girl 06-27-2010 08:41 AM

Yikes!! Feel bad for your poor finger. Doesn't it amaze you what happens when the brain goes to the neutral gear?

craftybear 06-27-2010 09:21 AM

oh no, ouch ouch, be careful

did you have gloves on???

Originally Posted by Elizabeth "Liz"
Just got started today fmq on the final parts of my quilt, got the bottom bunched, so I have to take it out. So I decided to quilt the other side. Just got started and somehow got my index finger on my left hand in the darning foot. It went through the side of my finger and finger nail and broke my needle. Taking a break for a few. Will go back after I have had something to eat.

sahm4605 06-27-2010 09:23 AM

cringing in pain!!!! i would recommended starting again tomorrow. i am surprised that you didn't hit urgent care to make sure that you didn't do any real damage to the finger.

Kathy N 06-27-2010 09:32 AM

grease and oil are on needles, so keep a real close eye on it and if for any reason it starts feeling funny, looking funny or you start feeling sick, go to the Urgent Care. I've seen some pretty severe illnesses develop from a simple needle poke.

Elizabeth-Liz 06-27-2010 09:51 AM

[quote=craftybear]oh no, ouch ouch, be careful

did you have gloves on???

No I did not have my gloves on yet. But I did get that one side done on that quilt wearing my gloves. I am making two twin size quilts for my friends new nephews, so I am working on two at a time. Since I got that side done I have gone on to finish quilting the other one since I have to take out one of the sides of the one I sewed my finger on.

Elizabeth-Liz 06-27-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
grease and oil are on needles, so keep a real close eye on it and if for any reason it starts feeling funny, looking funny or you start feeling sick, go to the Urgent Care. I've seen some pretty severe illnesses develop from a simple needle poke.

We use alot of campho-phenique and it always seems if we get to a cut or puncture fast enough it works great. I have cats and it really works on the scratches and punctures I get from them. I will keep a good eye on it.