Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Machine Needles"Titanium" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-needles-titanium-t171119.html)

MaggieBB 12-06-2011 12:36 AM

Sewing Machine Needles"Titanium"

When I bought My new Singer Futura XL-400 about 6 months ago the sales person recommended that I buy "Titanium" embroidery needles to use with my new machine. Well , when I set up the machine it already came with an embroider needle in it,so I started using the embroidery machine the way it was set up after I had embroidered 8-44,567 designs the machine started skipping stitches, so I stopped, cleaned and oiled as recommended by singer and put one of my new "titanium"embroidery needles in the machine. After maybe 20 or so stitches the needle broke!!!!!!!! So I put in a new needle that came with the machine, long story short , embroidered as before. Have any of you had any experience, with "titanium Embroidery Needles" they are a little high dollar for something that dossen't work very well?
Thanks for any help you may have, Maggie,,

GrannieAnnie 12-06-2011 12:39 AM

I don't have an embroidery machine, but you can bet one thing, I'd be back at the shop asking why the sales lady pushed the needles on you when they won't work for you.

MoanaWahine 12-06-2011 04:26 AM

I have used these needles and not had that problem. In fact, I have not had one break on me. As stated by GrannieAnnie, I would be back at the store asking why this happened.

jitkaau 12-06-2011 04:48 AM

Are they breaking because they are hitting a foot or the rotary hook or the plate? I would be concerned that you put the needle in correctly and make sure it is pushed all the way up and not hanging down too lowly. The flat part at the top of the needle goes to the back. The timing may be out on your machine if it continues to do the breaking.

Shelbie 12-06-2011 05:40 AM

I bought Superior titanium needles for my machines and I love them. They definitely last longer and make a great stitch.

Judie 12-06-2011 06:11 AM

I've used these needles quite a lot for embroidery. I've never had one break. Perhaps it was just a fluke? They are a bit more, but they last a long time. I don't know what happened with yours, but I really like them.

Up4BigChal 12-06-2011 11:42 AM

Are you sure your putting them in correctly, I had the same problem until I really looked at it and sure enough needle not in correctly

ywoodruff5 12-06-2011 11:46 AM

I have used mine without any problem and they do last longer for me.

LivelyLady 12-06-2011 12:00 PM

A couple of years ago I bought a package of jeans needles (love them for FMQ) and everyone of them had a barb on the end. Maybe you just got a bad batch?

MaggieBB 12-06-2011 01:13 PM

Right now I have a new needle that came with the machine and its doing fine no problems, it is possible I just got a bad needle, lord knows not everything is 100% perfect all of the time.