Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing machine shortage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-shortage-t310731.html)

Reader1 07-19-2020 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BonnieJP (Post 8402101)
Have you tried SewingMachinesPlus.com? They have free shipping on the Singer 4452.

Bonnie, I just went to that site and they are also currently out of stock. I will keep checking. Thanks for the idea

molly oldham 07-20-2020 05:17 AM

I live in a small town in middle Tn.that is a super Pfaff and Husqvarna dealer. Many machines to choose from. They also have a store in Knoxville.

Onebyone 07-20-2020 01:36 PM

Checked Walmart and the shelf was full of sewing machines again. I didn't notice the prices though. Mostly Brother and Janome.

RavenBlack 07-20-2020 02:53 PM

You are fortunate. Here in AZ, I went to Walmart 2 days ago. No fabric to speak of, no sewing machines except one lone basic Brother.

Peckish 07-20-2020 05:29 PM

For some reason, the distribution system is still all messed up. Toilet paper, facial tissue, and paper towels are now readily available in my area, yet my mom, who lives 20 miles away, still has problems getting all of those in her area stores.

Irishrose2 07-20-2020 08:26 PM

Sewing machines aren't the only thing. The lease is up on my car. I wanted to buy it, but it didn't work out. I had two dealers looking for a new one for me. Apparently, because of the shutdown, there is a shortage. Checked on used - again - a shortage as people are buying used when they can't get new. Who would have ever guessed that Michigan would have a shortage of Buicks?
Luckily, I have plenty of sewing machines.

Rff1010 07-21-2020 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 (Post 8403527)
Luckily, I have plenty of sewing machines.

This.might be the funniest thing I read all day

donna13350 07-21-2020 05:01 PM

My friend just totaled her car, (she's fine) but went through the mill trying to find a replacement. She finally decided to buy used and just wait this out.
I got an email from my quilt shop today, and they are now stocked with Babylock, Elna and Handi quilter..by appointment only..but they have them in stock now.
I think the shortages we're seeing now are from last April and May..now with the whole country(just about) going through tough times and rising cases, I think more shortages (and maybe even worse) are in our future. We're in this for the long haul, I'm afraid.

SusieQOH 07-22-2020 06:34 AM

I also find the shortages odd, as in something you wouldn't think would be out of but is, conversely something else is plentiful.
I think it's the way it's going to be for awhile, too. I've also noticed weird price fluctuations on Amazon.

Irishrose2 07-22-2020 01:49 PM

One of my dealers found a red Buick Encore downstate and had it brought up. I am all set for another three years. I would have preferred to purchase the copper colored one - it matched my hair when I bought it, but the payment was just too much more than a lease.
Now to go use one of many machines. A baby quilt being FMQed is coming off one machine and the other has a patriotic quilt on it. Time to build a back.