Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing machine totes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-totes-t22993.html)

Icandothat 07-19-2009 05:03 PM

Does anyone have a favorite sewing machine tote for transporting their sewing machines? How about the Tutto tote. Any opinions?

sewnsewer2 07-19-2009 05:38 PM

I never have found a tote that would fit my machine so when I got my Bernina, I got the suitcase system.

Good luck!

dojo36 07-19-2009 06:22 PM

i use a piece of luggage i already had - the weekender, it has wheels and pull up handle. works for me.

nursie76 07-20-2009 07:25 PM

I was lucky to find a generic sewing machine tote on sale at Walmart just before I got my Bernina, and was very pleased to find it fits the my Bernina even better than the machine I originally purchased it for. Of course my Bernina came with a really nice tote, but the machine is rather heavy and the wheels are really nice to have.

Sisters Embroidery 07-20-2009 07:34 PM

How big is your machine? I usually have to transport a serger and my small BabyLoc. I found a HUGE tote on sale at JoAnns for $89.00 (reg. $150.00) It's just black but it's the biggest one i've ever seen and i found it in Bend! Got to be one of their smallest, oldest stores!

2wheelwoman 07-20-2009 07:59 PM

Several years ago I bought a 2-piece rolling cart at JoAnns. The top part was a rounded bag that you supposedly could put all your notions and fabric, etc. in for transport. I still use the bottom part and long ago tossed the annoying, worthless, despised top piece. It had zipper pockets. Sounds nice, right? All the pockets were sewn down flat. I could barely slide a slip of paper into them. :evil: Stupid design, but...I did get to use a coupon on it. :)

The other case I bought was one for my FW at 221parts.com. It was a nice tapestry bag that I could use in lieu of the smelly box. It has worked out wonderfully. There's no wheels on it, but the FW doesn't need them.

mic-pa 07-21-2009 04:24 AM

Last year I bought a tote with wheels at Joanns on sale for $39. and my Janome machine fits in it fine. I love it because I no longer have to carry my machine when I got to classes ets. I can also put my project plus some of my notions (rulers) in it. Marge

katier825 07-21-2009 08:39 AM

The Joann's near me only seems to stock them at Christmas and Mother's Day. I didn't buy myself one because I hoped someone at home would get the hint! LOL Guess it's a good thing I didn't since my old machine died and my new one won't fit in the standard size tote.

The only one I've seen to fit my machine is the Tutto one, but I don't want to pay $169 for it. I've looked on eBay and do check Craig's list occasionally, but have never seen one for less than the online stores offer it. Last time I had to cart it around, I used my luggage cart and bungie cord. Not beautiful, but my at least my back wasn't aching from transporting it.

Pam B 07-21-2009 08:49 AM

I have one I bought at my LQS. It was one of those 'I think I need this' moments that I wish I had ignored. The rolling part is just too big. My Viking has a hard case that I can lift with one hand when putting it in my car to take to classes. This 'beast' I bought takes 2 hands and is really awkward. On the other hand...if I needed to take it someplace where I would be carrying it a great difference (airport, convention ctr, etc) my rolling 'beast' would be perfect. It has a separate piece for the embroidery attachment, also. I guess you need to decide how you will be using...I carry out to my car and into my LQS for classes. It was a waste of money for me. It is very nice...just does not suit my purpose at all. In fact, I have fabric stored in there right now...shoved into a closet...will most likely never see the light of day again.

May in Jersey 07-21-2009 10:49 AM

My Pfaff has a carrying case that slips over the machine so I don't need a tote for it. My Brother fits very nicely into a workman's tote with wheels and an expanding handle that I picked up at Home Deport a few years ago for about $39.00. May in Jersey