Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing scrap strips to PAPER (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-scrap-strips-paper-t114984.html)

GiGi 04-11-2011 06:52 PM

Absolutely on the coffee filters! You can also use them in your art projects especially after they have been used and dried. You can also dye them with beet juice, Kool-aid, etc. Thanks, GiGi

Tennessee Suzi 04-11-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by rn2639
I also love everyone's ideas....and YES my paper is new exam paper! LOL
Im an RN so I know better. lol
I just think the dryer sheet idea is great.....where did you learn that tip or does your brain just come up with great ideas???
Will the phone book paper print (black) bleed onto you fabric?????
Thanks so much!

I use phone book pages for paper piecing and have never had the ink rub off. I love it!

sewingsuz 04-11-2011 07:08 PM

Thanks for all the great informatiom, this board is great.

Great-great granny 04-11-2011 07:24 PM

OK, I'm getting ready to show my ignorance! :oops:

What is "foundation" method - piecing, etc? In the small world of quilting I was in years ago, (just getting back into it again) I never heard it mentioned. :cry:

Toni-in-Texas 04-11-2011 08:01 PM

DH went to the local newspaper and they gave him several end rolls of blank newsprint. Some had over 100 yards of paper on them. I'm still using from them even after 6 years.

DonnaB 04-11-2011 08:43 PM

Dryer sheets, phone pages or muslin, whatever I have around, works.

Annaquilts 04-11-2011 08:48 PM

I got my husband hooked onto this. He comes and sits with me in my studio just before he goes to bed and sews tiny scrap strips, 1 1/2x3 inches onto adding machine paper. I tease him and tell him he is making new fabric. He does not want to use it himself to make a quilt but likes making it for me to work with and put it into a quilt top.

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
I'm stitching on adding machine roll! 3" wide using scraps! There was a Topic on this by Sue Fish! She has made fantastic quilts using this method!

JanieH 04-11-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaY
Thanks, Ladies, for all the clever ideas for foundation papers. I do lots of paper piecing and my pattern is printed out on the paper, so I do purchase the stuff from my local quilt shop. Is there a better way that will still go through my printer?

I's like to add my thank you to this also!

madamekelly 04-11-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by JanieH

Originally Posted by BrendaY
Thanks, Ladies, for all the clever ideas for foundation papers. I do lots of paper piecing and my pattern is printed out on the paper, so I do purchase the stuff from my local quilt shop. Is there a better way that will still go through my printer?

I's like to add my thank you to this also!

Cheaper printer paper works great!

rn2639 04-12-2011 01:34 AM

LADIES----ooh MY GEEeeeeeeee.....the coffee filters are my FAV!!!!!! They work soooo good. They just peel off soooo easy and they way your strips are sewn to the circle...you can sqaure it up w your strips "straight" or on the "diagonal....and there are 700 filters for $2 so very cost efficient. THanks to all the comments!!!!!