Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Table recommendations (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-table-recommendations-t40562.html)

Mousie 03-24-2010 04:30 PM

for those of us on dial up, would somebody mind describing the 'cone' thing?
I have a sewezi extension...and my other machine came with one.
Hawk, hang onto your second machine. you never know when your fav is going to need to go to the 'machine doctor'. :-D

raptureready 03-24-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Hawk, hang onto your second machine. you never know when your fav is going to need to go to the 'machine doctor'. :-D

The woman bought a toilet tank repair kit and used the long arm thing with the hook. She taped it to the top of her machine and ran thread from a cone through it. She sets the cone in a large coffee cup and sets it on the back side of her machine. She also used blue foam insulation board to make a sewing surface level with her machine and covered it with heavy clear vinyl. She said that the fabric glides over it like warm butter. She had her machine on a folding table with adjustable height legs from Sam's Club

janceejan 03-24-2010 05:05 PM

I want your sign about the "Parking"...lol :thumbup:

Chasing Hawk 03-24-2010 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Chasing Hawk,

I love your picture!

I love your idea with the easel and bulletin board for your design board. I need to find my easel and I will put some flannel on it to have the fabric blocks to stick to it.

Karen "Craftybear"

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
My mine sits on a dining room table. I have enough table to be able to stretch out the quilt as I go instead of it hanging down and having to wrestle it under the presser foot.

The picture shows 2 machines, one now resides in the closet. I haven't figured out if I want to sell it or hang on to it.

My design board is off frame. I use the cork-board and easel for my instructions for whatever project I am doing.
Thanks for the compliment. :)

Chasing Hawk 03-24-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by janceejan
I want your sign about the "Parking"...lol :thumbup:

Haha!!! It says it all doesn't it.

Down at the bottom it says..."All others will be slapped"

JanetM 03-24-2010 05:59 PM

Chasing Hawk,

Just have to tell you..I love your parking sign :!:

Chasing Hawk 03-24-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Chasing Hawk,

Just have to tell you..I love your parking sign :!:

Thank you,
It was a gift from my husband. My daughters told me once, "Mom, you know how to be a b-word with out actually being one."......

LOL

Lilaciris 03-24-2010 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

The woman bought a toilet tank repair kit and used the long arm thing with the hook. She taped it to the top of her machine and ran thread from a cone through it. She sets the cone in a large coffee cup and sets it on the back side of her machine. She also used blue foam insulation board to make a sewing surface level with her machine and covered it with heavy clear vinyl. She said that the fabric glides over it like warm butter. She had her machine on a folding table with adjustable height legs from Sam's Club

I saw that same video. I was thinking about making one myself, and put some sticky back Velcro on the pieces to secure them together.

damaquilts 03-25-2010 03:58 AM

I bought an adjustable height table from Staples. (Delivered to the house free BTW) .
I have it lowered almost as far as it will go and with my machine on top it the perfect height. I couldn't afford the sewing cabinets that I wanted so had to make do. And its worked fine.

Karen's Kreations 03-25-2010 05:18 AM

I use a large folding table from Sam's - actually have 2 of them pushed together - I also have the large clear sewing extension for my Bernina. That works fine for my quilting - and the folding tables can be put away easily when I need that room for guests.