Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shape Cut Pro (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shape-cut-pro-t252557.html)

athomenow 08-27-2014 04:08 AM

Shape Cut Pro

Who uses the June Taylor Shape Cut Pro? I have the smaller one that I bought used and it's starting to crack at the edges. I have duck taped it up so it still works but the larger one has 1/4 inch markings. Just wondering if it's worth the $60 price tag. My birthday is coming up and I think I need to buy myself a gift. LOL

PaperPrincess 08-27-2014 04:17 AM

Pro: you can cut a folded piece of fabric right from the bolt, con: it has 1/4" markings, but the slits for your rotary cutter are every 2 1/2". Don't use it as much as I thought, I found it hard to position and had to put a zillion little grippy things on the bottom to keep it from slipping. Got it from JoAnn's, 1/2 off plus free shipping.

Aurora 08-27-2014 04:43 AM

I use a 50% coupon at JoAnns or wait for it to go on sale for 50% off.

gigi712 08-27-2014 12:11 PM

I love mine. Perfect strips every time.

linda8450 08-27-2014 12:15 PM

I bought the small one, hadn't opened it and saw the large one, was so impressed I talked to the shop owner (she is also a member of my guild) and she let me swap it for the difference in price. I absolutely love it, and would buy again if something happens to it. Cuts are accurate, I don't use anything to keep it from slipping, just put my hand on the next slot from where I am cutting and have never had a problem. Cut 4, 6 and 8 layers all the time! Multiple stacks for 2 1/2" strips, so easy! Favorite product so far!

Knitette 08-27-2014 01:58 PM

I got my husband to hand carry this back from Houston for me (left it on the shuttle bus, got it back, then couldn't get it in the overhead locker. A stewardess took pity on him and put it in the galley). After all that, I find I mostly use the smaller one (haven't the heart to tell DH :D).

tessagin 08-27-2014 03:02 PM

I only have the smaller one and use it often currently (getting motivated). I use the non-skid shelving to keep in place from sliding!

franc36 08-27-2014 03:31 PM

I love the June Taylor rulers! My Shape Cut Pro has been used so much that it has broken in two places; but I patched it with Super Glue and it works like a charm. I use it several times a week. I also have Exact Eights which is great because I dislike cutting eights with any other ruler. I also have 2 of her Shape Cut Plus rulers and have ordered another of her rulers. I get them all at 50% off and I think even that is expensive; but, to me, the rulers are well worth the cost because of the time I save by using them and for their accuracy.

athomenow 08-30-2014 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6862577)
I got my husband to hand carry this back from Houston for me (left it on the shuttle bus, got it back, then couldn't get it in the overhead locker. A stewardess took pity on him and put it in the galley). After all that, I find I mostly use the smaller one (haven't the heart to tell DH :D).

Want to sell it???

Knitette 08-30-2014 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by athomenow (Post 6866274)
Want to sell it???

Are you paying the shipping????!!!!