Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shopping freeze is over (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shopping-freeze-over-t224794.html)

barking-rabbit 06-29-2013 12:00 PM

Shopping freeze is over

I put myself on a shopping freeze in December. I have done well up until last week, June 27. I decided to buy fabric to do 10 min. table runners for a wedding gift in July. I went to a few online shops and thought that it was too expensive so I googled the fabric lines and found great prices at Thousands of Bolts. I kept adding to my cart thinking once I got to a magical number shipping was free. Nope, so I went through my cart tossing yards out and switching some to fat quarters. Fat quarters are great for fabric you can't live without but don't know what the heck you are going to do with it. The quarters were $1.89, less then a latte, in fact most of the yard pieces were less then a latte. $3.95-$4.95 a yard. I got pink christmas fabric to make gift bags for my pink daughter. 10 yards, two quarters for $47. The shipping was $9.95 but I ordered it June 27 in the evening and got it June 29 at noon. Ohio to Washington, well with the price.

MartiMorga 06-29-2013 12:04 PM

Sounds like a good celebration to your accomplishment!!!!

eparys 06-29-2013 12:07 PM

You have been good. Sounds like you got a great deal!! Thousands of Bolts is one of my favorites.

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-29-2013 03:03 PM

Sounds like you had fun! My shopping freeze ended last weekend. I went on a trip with two of my quilting pals to Marden's in Sanford, ME. I bought 2 yards each of fabric I had to have and a pack of 5 coordinated fat quarters. I went with no intention of buying anything. I have done that before. But this time, I just couldn't resist. I told myself, I have a full-time job again, I work hard, I deserve to get some fabric. So this weekend, I ordered 2 quilting books from Amazon.com. I earned a little bonus at work and thought some if it should go to something fun. I wonder what will be my excuse next weekend?????? LOL! Just my way of putting a little OOMPH into the sluggish economy!

Jackie Spencer 06-29-2013 03:45 PM

Im sure you lasted alot longer than some. You have been a good girl!! I have been good also, but Im leaving for Oregon next month on vacation, my plane lands in Boise, my sister and neice pick me up, and we hit several quilt shops there, then head for Oregon, and while Im there we go to several shops, soooo you know what that means!! Glad vacation only comes once a year!!

Lori S 06-29-2013 06:59 PM

Nothing like a "trip" to Thousands of Bolts to break a shopping freeze. I can't even click on the site or I end with a shopping cart just full! Its just too easy to just click, click and its in my basket.

Jennie and Me 06-29-2013 07:54 PM

My shopping freeze lasted all of about 3 weeks. Just can't help buying fabric. Love it...love to feel it...touch it...you know!! I'm trying to avoid buying any more until I get some of my huge stash used up. But....as sure as I'm sitting here typing this, I know that if I go with my friends to a fabric shop I will buy more fabric. It is a sickness and boy, do I have it! I completely avoid all online shops.

Geri B 06-30-2013 02:14 PM

No need to freeze your shopping if you live near Princeton Illinois....shop there is in process of closing. All fabric -no less than yard cuts-$3.00 per yard. This has been going on for over a month. We did a road trip there at beginning of sale and decided to see if it was still open..called yes, went yesterday..still lots of bolts left..so of course bought more!